M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added them to a Honda 750 shadow aero I had a few bikes ago and they made a good improvement.

However, on the 109, its a drastic improvement. Everyone is different but if I wasn't wearing a certain riding boot in my collection, I had to think about my feet being on the pegs...my feet just wanted to come off if I wasn't trying somewhat to keep them on the pegs.

These babies should come stock. I bet if the pegs were replaced with something better and the bars were tilted up a bit initially, more riders would buy the 109 after a test ride.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The one thing I miss about my old C50 was the floorboards. I would really would like to add them to my 109, but I am worried about how they would affect the lean angle on the bike. I used the scrap all the time on my C50.

If you have had them added, have you noticed any difference in how often you scrap?

Thanks
Mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just put them on as well. I have had them on my wing for three years and loved them. Not full size floorboards, but enough. Comfy, yet sporty. They are adjustable so you can tip them forward and backward. They are the same dimension from the peg as the stock pegs believe it or not. They are 5 1/2" long. I would think they would scrape as much as stock pegs, but they do not have feelers on the bottom. Direct Line by far has the best price on them. You do have to order the adpater pegs, but of course they have them as well. Simple install. Just add a little loctite on the threads.

I took a 30 mile ride last night with them on and was very happy with them. I have big feet and I always wear boots so these are keepers for me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dynamos, get rid of that pic. Nobody wants to see her enjoying herself with you. We want to see her enjoying herself.... in bubbles!

·
Registered
721 Posts
toneout said:
dynamos, get rid of that pic. Nobody wants to see her enjoying herself with you. We want to see her enjoying herself.... in bubbles!
I must agree  :D :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Bruno said:
I just put them on as well. I have had them on my wing for three years and loved them. Not full size floorboards, but enough. Comfy, yet sporty. They are adjustable so you can tip them forward and backward. They are the same dimension from the peg as the stock pegs believe it or not. They are 5 1/2" long. I would think they would scrape as much as stock pegs, but they do not have feelers on the bottom. Direct Line by far has the best price on them. You do have to order the adpater pegs, but of course they have them as well. Simple install. Just add a little loctite on the threads.

I took a 30 mile ride last night with them on and was very happy with them. I have big feet and I always wear boots so these are keepers for me.
On the 109, will they fold up if scraped ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts