M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This maybe a pretty dumb question but how do you get the kyrken iso wings to stay put???
I am new to the adjustable wings so there is probably something real simple but I can't figure it out. I have lock tighted the allen bolt, and tapped with a rubber mallet trying to set the bolt but after a few miles on the road they come loose and become little spinnerets. Getting a bit frustrated so any suggestions would be appreciated. Thought about taking the wing of the stud and drilling a dimple in the stud but can't get the d*mn thing off.

G

·
You should have a spline type device up on the end of the bolt that prevents them from turning. Never seen that happen before.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hal, I assume you are talking about the allen headed set screw, right? If so I have locktited it, tapped the allen wrench with a rubber mallet when tightning but to no effect. These things are adjustable for angle aren't they? The right side stays put with no problem but the left side, well it likes to move around. Could the allen screw be to soft to set into the shaft the wing is mounted on? Just came back from another ride, the d*mned thing let loose about 8 miles out and moved around the rest of the ride.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
installed a pair on mine a while ago. no problems as of yet. the set screw isn't really functional when you consider 1) the large mass of the pedal, and 2) the amount of torque due to leverage your feet can apply. however, the main bolt that holds them on is adequate if you loctite it, and don't strip it. the cone shaped area that binds to the peg adapter is rough, and applies good friction. i'm guessing you either didn't tighten it enough, stripped it, or got a bad part.

G

·
I have not had a problem with mine either (not that you wanted to hear that). Measure the bolt, I may have an extra one here at the house. If I do I will send it you. Shoot me a PM with your address. I think the Stiletto Pegs use the same bolt. Not sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts