M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone else had the same problems, ordered wing boards and adapters and all I got was one package with the wing boards and adapters already installed. I put them on and they fit but are loose, seem to need a bigger spring to keep them tight, I would phone the place I ordered them but it too late have to wait till tomorrow.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My left one is loose but I think its because I don't have the spring's end ... well hard to explain but i think its my fault. Right side is fine. Doesn't bother me too bad, I don't scrape the pegs on this one. I did add some washers on both sides, try that.

G

·
You said that the adapter were already installed when you got them. I have not seen that before. Did you order the model specific adapter for the Suzuki??? I know that they make the ISO Boards for different bikes and some of them have adapters already on them, but i do not think that they have them for the 109 already on them. You have to order the boards separate from the peg mounts.

When i ordered mine, they went on with no problems and no "loose ness". Been on for about 600 miles now.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I ordered the boards and the separate adapters but they came together, should just wait untill tomorrow and phone. Noteced that the boards have a different part # than what I ordered. They fit just loose, couple little washers and a bigger spring should fix. I was also wondering to change the angle do you Just loosen the allen bolt on the end or is there more to it, shoud a guy use locktite on these bolts?
Bruno said:
You said that the adapter were already installed when you got them. I have not seen that before. Did you order the model specific adapter for the Suzuki??? I know that they make the ISO Boards for different bikes and some of them have adapters already on them, but i do not think that they have them for the 109 already on them. You have to order the boards separate from the peg mounts.

When i ordered mine, they went on with no problems and no "loose ness". Been on for about 600 miles now.

·
Registered
292 Posts
you should have bought them from this boards sponser......see that big red target looken thing at the top of the page :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just an FYI, I did order mine from this site's sponsor and they also came to me pre-packaged with the adapters already installed. When I put them on and used the springs the are already on the bike they are loose and if you push them up too far the spring goes past the stopping point. After being a little bummed about all of this I went ahead and started riding the bike. It's now been almost 3 months and I have had no problems with them, after all my feet are always on them so I don't notice the looseness.

Ric

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
clone1008 said:
Just an FYI, I did order mine from this site's sponsor and they also came to me pre-packaged with the adapters already installed. When I put them on and used the springs the are already on the bike they are loose and if you push them up too far the spring goes past the stopping point. After being a little bummed about all of this I went ahead and started riding the bike. It's now been almost 3 months and I have had no problems with them, after all my feet are always on them so I don't notice the looseness.

Ric
Thanks for the info I also did order them from DLP and it good to know they sent the same ones to you, thought they screwed up my order and would have to send them back to get replacements, didn't get a chance to phone them today at work so i will have to try again tomorrow, maybe they will send me some new springs or Ill hunt around and get some bigger ones in town someware. I will let you know what I find out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts