M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the ISO grips(love em), turn signals, and JSD-3 mod(gotta do this to yours) and raised my handlebars. Raising the handlebars is a must do mod! Bike feels so comfortable now. Waiting for Jason`s lowering bones to arrive anyday now.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I like the turn signals done like that how hard was it? Got a link to where those came from with part num?

Thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NYRIDER said:
Hows the installation on the grips easy or hard?
Grips were really easy. Trust me, I am not mechanically inclined and I had no problems doing them. Just make sure you do the right grip first so you can line up your left grip to match!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2006moy said:
I like the turn signals done like that how hard was it? Got a link to where those came from with part num?

Thanks
Came from Direct Line(the sponser add) part # KUR-2305

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Looks awesome, Wingy! Love those grips... going to order some today. Yeah, raising the bars works wonders! Not only does it feel better, it makes low-speed full-lock turns a breeze. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Looks sharp, Wingy :bigthumbsup:

P.S. Hope you're all healed up :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
rdnktx25 said:
Can you tell me how to raise the handlebars
CAREFULLY pry these four caps off (blue arrows), loosen the bolts underneath with an allen wrench, put the bars where you want them and tighten the bolts back up. Might want to put some tape around one side of the bars right up against the riser before you loosen the bolts so you can re-center the bars after you raise them. I used a dental pic to pry the caps up :doorag:

·
Registered
127 Posts
How does raising the bars make it more comfortable? And is this mod good for a big guy 6'2" 375+ with a 39 - 40" sleeve? I thought i saw a thread about this but it was someone that was 5'8" or something and like a buck eighty-five. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am 5'6" and by raising the bars it makes for a more comfortable ride by putting your body in a more upright position instead of the reaching forward down position. I`m not sure what it would do for you but for me it made a word of difference especially in the slow turns when pulling out. You could try just moving the bars without your controls and take it for a ride and it you like the feel of it then move your controls. I also noticed that since I moved these bars that my wrists don`t hurt anymore when riding.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nice!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
WINGYS109 said:
Grips were really easy. Trust me, I am not mechanically inclined and I had no problems doing them. Just make sure you do the right grip first so you can line up your left grip to match!
Also, if you do the ISO Flame Grips, check the direction of the flames. They are facing each other on each grip.

·
Registered
516 Posts
WINGYS109 said:
I am 5'6" and by raising the bars it makes for a more comfortable ride by putting your body in a more upright position instead of the reaching forward down position. I`m not sure what it would do for you but for me it made a word of difference especially in the slow turns when pulling out. You could try just moving the bars without your controls and take it for a ride and it you like the feel of it then move your controls. I also noticed that since I moved these bars that my wrists don`t hurt anymore when riding.
I second that emotion, i'm 5'6" myself and turning up the bars a bit made all the difference in the world. Now I can handle the bike, instead of her handling me :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
RubenAlonzo said:
I second that emotion, i'm 5'6" myself and turning up the bars a bit made all the difference in the world. Now I can handle the bike, instead of her handling me :bigthumbsup:
Hey, you should get your seat done like I did also. I had tobinseats redo my whole seat...WOW, what a difference!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
5'6"...... if your weight and height are proportioned, that bike ought too fly!!!!!! were did you find bolts long enough to go through the strut for the rear blinkers?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
moto said:
5'6"...... if your weight and height are proportioned, that bike ought too fly!!!!!! were did you find bolts long enough to go through the strut for the rear blinkers?
I just drilled them out and used the bolts that came with the turn signals.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts