M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand I need to loosen the throttle cable, but do I have to do that all the way up under the tank, and if so, do I need to pick the tank up? I saw the "how to install", but it didn't have pics, and I need pics.....

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
no, just a pain in the butt.........take ur time and dont get pissed off........ LOL

:bigthumbsup: wish there was an easier way to fix it...... but if I can do you can.....! just take ur time....

Good luck

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Installing grips kicking your butt?

I understand I need to loosen the throttle cable, but do I have to do that all the way up under the tank, and if so, do I need to pick the tank up? I saw the "how to install", but it didn't have pics, and I need pics.....
If I read you right, you're having trouble installing the throttle side of your new Iso grips? Can't get the old one off because the cables are so tight?
If so, here's the trick. You don't have to take your tank off. Loosen the cable as much as you can with the adjuster under the handlebar clamp. Remove the top of the clamp by removing the phillips head screws underneath. Turn the throttle to almost wide open (and hold it there)to get some slack in the rear cable. Now you can work the little barrel out of its slot and remove the cable from the grip. Let off the throttle, and the front one will go slack and be easy to remove.
Slide the grip off, slide on the new one, and attach the front cable first, twist it to almost full throttle, and work the rear cable into place. Reinstall the clamp top, adjust the adjuster to take out the excess slack, and you're done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you're awesome, it worked.....i shall name my first kid after you.....CBR1000DUDE JR...........my wife won't be happy, but shall get over it once i break her away from netflix and show her the grips

1 - 4 of 4 Posts