M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to buy a pair valve / smog removal kit for my bike there is one on ebay uk but in the dropdown menu for compatibility it seems to be for a different model so help me if you can because this is all new to me regarding the different specs of these bikes ... my bike is a suzuki intruder vzr 1800 bz L5 2016 .. in the dropdown menu it says suzuki intruder vzr 1800 RBZ 2016 ...

what is the difference between the 1800bz and the 1800rbz ?

·
Registered
196 Posts
You don't need a kit , you only need to plug the hoses. Disabling only helps with exhaust backfire , there is no performance advantage.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't need a kit , you only need to plug the hoses. Disabling only helps with exhaust backfire , there is no performance advantage.
yeah i know mate but its a cheap kit and i need to know because i'm buying a power commander as well so i need to know if there is a difference in models ... thanks ..

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
There is no difference between any M109R/M1800 as far as the configuration of the pair block off plates.
Only difference I am aware of is the Euro/Aus models have 2 pair solenoid, one for each cylinder and the North American models only have one pair solenoid with a Tee that directs the tubing to each cylinder.

The stock pair reed housing seal great and you can get away with only capping them with a vacuum cap.
I have capped off dozens this way and have never used aftermarket block off plates. (But to each their own)
On your Euro model you will also want to cap both of the pair solenoids with vacuum caps as well.

BCS

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no difference between any M109R/M1800 as far as the configuration of the pair block off plates.
Only difference I am aware of is the Euro/Aus models have 2 pair solenoid, one for each cylinder and the North American models only have one pair solenoid with a Tee that directs the tubing to each cylinder.

The stock pair reed housing seal great and you can get away with only capping them with a vacuum cap.
I have capped off dozens this way and have never used aftermarket block off plates. (But to each their own)
On your Euro model you will also want to cap both of the pair solenoids with vacuum caps as well.

BCS
yeah seen your video on youtube ... if i remember you just leave the solenoid plugged in ? having more problems now as k+n don't list air filters for my model .. very confusing ...

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
yeah seen your video on youtube ... if i remember you just leave the solenoid plugged in ? having more problems now as k+n don't list air filters for my model .. very confusing ...
You have to leave the solenoid (or solenoids in your case) plugged in or they will throw a FI fault.
Only way around that is to put delete plugs with the correct resistance to the bike harness.
Easy enough to just leave the solenoids plugged in.

If you have stock intake housings they all take the same K&N filters. (see below)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You have to leave the solenoid (or solenoids in your case) plugged in or they will throw a FI fault.
Only way around that is to put delete plugs with the correct resistance to the bike harness.
Easy enough to just leave the solenoids plugged in.

If you have stock intake housings they all take the same K&N filters. (see below)

thank you for the help ... it's funny when i go on ebay and put the model of bike in all the ads say the filters won't fit ?? i will order them now ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts