M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Suzuki might tell you it is but to answer your question, NO. There have been many members on this forum who have had their loose rear rotors replaced under warranty. Maybe your dealer will do you right, too. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im not under warrenty :'(

where is the best place to get a replacement ?

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Suzuki might tell you it is but to answer your question, NO. There have been many members on this forum who have had their loose rear rotors replaced under warranty. Maybe your dealer will do you right, too. :dontknow:
:agree:dealer replaced mine but had to bring it in then get authorization from Suzuki but they did replace it under warranty.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,767 Posts
Try Oneidasuzuki.com - they have good prices

PM sent

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Im not under warrenty :'(

where is the best place to get a replacement ?
Mine wasn't under warranty either. But I took it to the dealer and showed them how loose it was. Then I mentioned the old part number ending in "30" has been superceded but a new part number ending in "50". They confirmed, and ordered me a new rear rotor, no questions asked. Couldn't hurt to check.

-Josh

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
:agree:dosent hurt to try!

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
You're really taking a chance riding around with your rotor in that condition bro. :-\ More than one person here has reported in with their tale of woe... their rear rotor in that condition grenaded while riding. It's not pretty either... your rear wheel will get damaged or worse... you may go down when the rear wheel locks up. :eek:

Try to get your dealer to replace with the new part number for free. If that doesn't work, get a Galfer rear rotor. They kick butt. You can get Galfers fairly inexpensively. Give me shout if it comes to that. I'm sure you've seen them...

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i cant find galfer's cheap.

·
Registered
180 Posts
..any serious shop can re-rivet the disc, here it was around 200.- USD...

there seems to be alot of play in my rear rotor.???

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,767 Posts
He's gonna be all set, no worries. I have one I'm giving him.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
..any serious shop can re-rivet the disc, here it was around 200.- USD...
Is it possible it could be "pressed" somehow to tighten it up?:dontknow:
They are semi floating rotors, so they are not just rivets in there. There is some flex.

The above Statement is SEAPUP approved.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts