M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Junk?

Looks cool, but I've never seen one on here before, so it's unknown how long it will last. Some cheap LEDs don't last long, and the circuit board that controls that may not work very long either. Send them a message and ask for a referral and if replacement parts are available.
I'm just skeptical since I and others have had other LEds and boards go bad quickly.
I guess for $60 you can tell us all how it works. Keep your stock light.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
They aren't very bright. A friend of mine almost rearended me when I had one on my bike. He told me that if he didn't already know I was slowing down to turn into our parking lot at work, he would have smashed right into me. He said that the taillight isn't visible enough to be safe.

-Josh

·
Registered
43 Posts
ya i got one, after 1 day one led went, then 2 more after day two. so i just took the stock one cut the red plastic off, then took the clear cover off of this peace of sh!! and used a hot glue gun on it. there you go, bright stock plug and have no worrys about burning out a led. just get some nice turn signals. i personally don't like integrated turn signals, just me...:p

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I have one of the $39 ones that were selling for a while. I has been on the bike for about 3 months and is still working fine. It is also just as bright as the stock LE light it replaced.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i am just going to throw in my .02 worth. i don't like it. to me the led's are not bright enough to distinguish that there is an actual turn signal. it might look cool, but whether or not it will function at night and especially during the day is a different story. another thing to look at is the quality of parts that they use. if they are crappy cheap parts, then you will have more problems with the light than it is worth. there is a company that sells a similar setup for sportbikes, called custom led, and that is what i have on my R1.
i would either stay with the stock taillight or go with the raw design stealth rear turn signal tube instead. they are much brighter, and the signals (led's) themselves are much larger and easier to see during the day.

again, that is just my .02 cents/

·
Registered
391 Posts
Why fool around just order the LE stock one and you'll be all set I had the clear alt one and half of the LEDS went out so i bought the LE one and never had an issue again im tellin you a few more bucks can save you alot of stress just my opinion...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I was reading through some feedback. At least two negative feedback comments complained of wiring and the light not lasting for the taillight. That was within a couple months ago.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Clear Lens

I personally think it's crap because of what they put in the bold red writing on the link. Plus it clearly says "no warranty"

·
Registered
516 Posts
Why fool around just order the LE stock one and you'll be all set I had the clear alt one and half of the LEDS went out so i bought the LE one and never had an issue again im tellin you a few more bucks can save you alot of stress just my opinion...
I went this route and am glad I did. No issues on quality or brightness. Also, not much more $$ than some of the after-market ones I've seen for sale.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the feedback! The LE one sounds like the way to go. Anyone know a good place to pick one up?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts