M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok found 09 gsxr600 on craigslist for $3500,thought i would email 2 c whats the catch...so guy tells me he has no use 4 bike and has clean title,tell him im interested in bike & want 2 meet up 2 c if its legit...then he sends me this...

Hi again,

Right now I'm in a military base, we are getting ready for Iraq. I cannot leave the base for now. The bike is already at the escrow company warehouse in Norcross, GA, ready to be shipped. The bike will be shipped free of charge (assured by the army) along with all documents, clean and clear title(on my name only) with my signature on it, owner's manual and keys. Because I can't be there for you, I decided to use an escrow service, that I have worked with in the past. The payment method I have chosen (at the support escrow company advise) is bank transfer.
Here is how it will work:
1) I will start a new transaction in which will be stipulated that the shipping is assured by me, that you have 5 days for inspection, after receiving the bike.
2) You will receive a notification by email that we have started a transaction. Then you will have to register on their web site using your e-mail and ID transaction given to you in your notification email.
3) Read the terms of the transaction and if you agree with them you accept the agreement and you will receive instructions with payment details. After the payment is made you must log in your account and submit the payment.
4. The shipping will start. After you receive the bike you will have 5 days to test and verify it. If you decide keep it, I will receive the payment from the escrow company. Otherwise, the bike will be shipped back, free of charge on your side and you will be fully refunded. If you wish to start the transaction, please reply, so we can proceed.
I'll wait for your response.

Thanks.

if military or n e 1 heard of this...sounds sketchy 2 me:dontknow:
...if 2 good to b true than it is...

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Scam ! Report to craigslist . I think somewhwere on the page it says if a shipping company is involved 100 % FAKE . if it sounds to good to be true ... it is .

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is one of the Biggest scams going right now. You need to report it immediately to Craig's list and they will investigate.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm military and I would say this is a definite scam. Plus he's army :p you cant trust him. bawhaha.

Especially this part "The bike will be shipped free of charge (assured by the army)". The Army wont do anything for him like that.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:cus: already gave him acct#...:joke:
thats what i thought,just wanted 2 hear it from my peoples...went 2 look back up after email and it was flagged...he thinks he has a live 1
:a20:
4 a sec there thought was gonna +1 more 2 the stable...:'(

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
It is a scam....Bottom line....You go thru with it your throwing your money out the window...

now if you want to play...Tell him you want to go physically pickup the bike from the escrow company and will have a bank certified check in hand to hand over after seeing the bike....I can say there will be back peddling like mad with excuses as to why or how that can not be accomplished....Or he will say the bike was just sold..... but you will find it relisted elsewhere etc....

·
Registered
97 Posts
There were like 4 different bikes on Indy craigslist that had the exact same story. I emailed the first one thinking it was just a good deal, and I got the same bull**** story back. It pisses me off so much that people are too lazy to get a real job, so they sit around and do this chit to steal other people's hard earned money. I emailed the guy back and told him he was a no good piece of chit, and if I could find him, I would kick his a** myself. The sad thing is that there are people out there that will not be smart enough to get a second opinion and throw away $3500. The old saying is true...."If it sounds too good to be true....it probably is."

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm military and I would say this is a definite scam. Plus he's army :p you cant trust him. bawhaha.

Especially this part "The bike will be shipped free of charge (assured by the army)". The Army wont do anything for him like that.
Yep the Army can't guarantee that your car will get to you at the next duty station , how would they ever get involved with an escrow company, a shipping company, craigslist, a buyer and seller. RUN do not walk away from this deal.
Later

·
Registered
843 Posts
wow must say scammers are changing their tactics in 2010. Afew years ago all scams came from Africa, they would buy something from you 4x's the value and they send you a bogus check. Now scams are coming out of Norcross, GA.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts

I am retired Military (Army) and I am certain that he is lying about the transaction being assured by the Army. They have nothing to do with personal transactions such as this. THIS A DEFINITE SCAM...RUN!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Uncle sugar has moving me around for 18 years and I have never heard of such a thing. Report this ad and run.

·
Registered
960 Posts
It is a scam....Bottom line....You go thru with it your throwing your money out the window...

now if you want to play...Tell him you want to go physically pickup the bike from the escrow company and will have a bank certified check in hand to hand over after seeing the bike....I can say there will be back peddling like mad with excuses as to why or how that can not be accomplished....Or he will say the bike was just sold..... but you will find it relisted elsewhere etc....
:agree:This would be fun!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Scam! Walk away. I had a similar experience with 2 jet skis. She sent me an email that she was on an oil rig and a shipping company would send them to me. She sent a bogus link.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
:cus: already gave him acct#...:joke:
thats what i thought,just wanted 2 hear it from my peoples...went 2 look back up after email and it was flagged...he thinks he has a live 1
:a20:
4 a sec there thought was gonna +1 more 2 the stable...:'(
how did it end up?? sounds like a scam man sorry.

i love CL but you have to be SUPER careful.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Run as fast as you can away from this deal! This is very common on Craigs List with all brands of Motorcycles. if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is! The Military/Escrow connection should be the 1st tip off that this is a scam!

Rowdy 1

ok found 09 gsxr600 on craigslist for $3500,thought i would email 2 c whats the catch...so guy tells me he has no use 4 bike and has clean title,tell him im interested in bike & want 2 meet up 2 c if its legit...then he sends me this...

Hi again,

Right now I'm in a military base, we are getting ready for Iraq. I cannot leave the base for now. The bike is already at the escrow company warehouse in Norcross, GA, ready to be shipped. The bike will be shipped free of charge (assured by the army) along with all documents, clean and clear title(on my name only) with my signature on it, owner's manual and keys. Because I can't be there for you, I decided to use an escrow service, that I have worked with in the past. The payment method I have chosen (at the support escrow company advise) is bank transfer.
Here is how it will work:
1) I will start a new transaction in which will be stipulated that the shipping is assured by me, that you have 5 days for inspection, after receiving the bike.
2) You will receive a notification by email that we have started a transaction. Then you will have to register on their web site using your e-mail and ID transaction given to you in your notification email.
3) Read the terms of the transaction and if you agree with them you accept the agreement and you will receive instructions with payment details. After the payment is made you must log in your account and submit the payment.
4. The shipping will start. After you receive the bike you will have 5 days to test and verify it. If you decide keep it, I will receive the payment from the escrow company. Otherwise, the bike will be shipped back, free of charge on your side and you will be fully refunded. If you wish to start the transaction, please reply, so we can proceed.
I'll wait for your response.

Thanks.

if military or n e 1 heard of this...sounds sketchy 2 me:dontknow:
...if 2 good to b true than it is...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
definetly a scam. I received a ton of those type emails while searching for a car recently. I even went as far as telling them I was just miles from te vehicle (I wasnt really) andevery one of them sent back an excuse on wy i couldnt see the car

1 - 20 of 31 Posts