M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning a trip in June which involves staying in the Idaho Carlin bay area. Then we plan to ride to kalispell area through road to the sun. My question is ... is the road from St. Maries ID to St. Regis Montana paved end to end. I am speaking of St. Joe river road . Hate going on interstates and love the back double laners.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Good question. I have never been on the Little Joe road and looking at the GOOGLE maps I bet it is gravel. I have been on the Interstate along that route and the scenery is great. It is not the typical Interstate scenery and the mountain passes are really nice. Wallace, Id is a cool little town set in a crevice in the mountians. The Interstate is "engineered" through the town and I am amazed on how many overpasses it took to get "over" the town. I agree with the 2 lane roads, but in this case fi that road truns to gravel it won't be nice.

PS.....The Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier Park is spectacular. Can't drive real fast because of the traffic, but the views are fantastic. The ride down from Kalispell along Flathead Lake is really nice on eather side. US93 is a really busy road south of Polson though, expect heavy traffic and keep in mind it is one of the most dangerous roads in Montana. If you need any other info or road tips just post them here and I should get back to ya.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks big Sky!

Thanks for the info... trip up to calgary sometime and let me show you our terrain! P.S. nice colour:bigthumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts