M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Metu, Doughboy and I went for a ride Sunday morning. I took them on a loop that I used to ride when I would go out with the sportbikes. Well, to make a long story short, it didn't take long before we were scraping the pegs going through corners at almost twice the advisory speed on the signs. We all dressed like we were going for a leisurely cruise through the country which it clearly was not. Our speeds were not reckless or fast for sportbikes but definitely not cruiser speeds either.

My question is this: Do you ride this bike like a cruiser or do you ride it closer to a sportbike? It is suddenly clear that I need to consider my full face helmet, gloves, and leather jacket.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I have never been a sports bike guy... But I never really "cruise" unless I am fearing a ticket or respecting school buses

·
Registered
211 Posts
I cruise on mine if I'm driving with other motorcycles and I fly if I'm alone. So is a cruiser-Jet

:a18:

·
Registered
93 Posts
it depends on the day... some are wide open and pegs scraping... some are true cruiser days nice and easy :doorag:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think the M109R is the closer you can get between a cruiser and a sport bike, It is comfortable, good looking and very light and fast to be a cruiser. I ride with friends that have cruisers and sport bikes, with M109 you never got behind.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I must confess I ride mine like a sport bike, unless of course I'm with a group of guys just cruising then I'll go with the flow.   :doorag:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I call it both...and is well recieved by both types of owners....even biker chicks come upto me asking questions ,some cute too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am glad to see your responses since that is the way I was thinking. This is a very versatile bike. It cruises well and sportbikes well too. Just depends on how you want to ride it. Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep its definitely a good bit of both. Its a surprise package and your mood lets you make the choice.

Unlike a lot of cruisers the size of your balls limits how hard you can go rather than just the bike . . . . grind those pegs!

·
Registered
752 Posts
It really isn't a sportbike. It outweighs a Busa or ZX-14 by over 200lbs. It outweighs a liter bike by over 300lbs. I can't touch my knee to the ground (and keep the bike on it's tires) no matter what I do. The slowest 600 stock would murder the 109 stock in the quarter mile.

If you ran against the cheapest sportbike available in the twisties and the riders were equal the sportbike would murder the 109.

The 109 is cool, fun and looks tough but it's not a sportbike.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
J R said:
Kinda both for me.Theres days I just ride and never get the bike wide open and just put around and theres days I get on her pretty hard.I think this bike should be called a sport cruiser rather than muscle cruiser.JMO
Exactly!! :a18:

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I want to cruise, I'm off the throttle. When I want to play, I'm on the throttle.

best of both worlds baby!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts