M109 Rider Forums banner

Is the 240 a BIG tire?

4K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  OMEGA 
#1 ·
Compared to a 180 it is. :D

See less See more
#5 ·
I'm sure it will fit, just a matter of what it's going to take to make it fit. ::)

Joshua_109 said:
Love the look of your bike from the back! It looks real clean and impressive. I really like the smaller clear rear turn signals. I'll be interested in putting something similar on mine when I get it. Did you change the front turn signals too?
Didn't do anything to the front turn signals yet. Still tring to figure out what will look good that's still LED.

#7 ·
Lamonster said:
I'm sure it will fit, just a matter of what it's going to take to make it fit. ::)

Didn't do anything to the front turn signals yet. Still tring to figure out what will look good that's still LED.
I'm new to the whole modification thing. How much does something like that cost? (The rear turn signals and plate) And is it something a newbie could do?

#8 ·
Joshua_109 said:
I'm new to the whole modification thing. How much does something like that cost? (The rear turn signals and plate) And is it something a newbie could do?
We are getting bids on the rear plate mount right now and the lights can run anywhere from 15 bucks to 150 bucks depending on what you want. The plate will be a boltup but you will have to trim a hunk of plastic off and rewire the turn signals. It's not a real hard job. Just takes a little time.

#10 ·
i will gladly cut that chunk of plastic off. let us know when the back plate mounts are available please. oh, and that tire is gonna look mean.

#13 ·
toneout said:
How is that thing going to fit in our fender? It can't fit on the stock wheel can it? Whew... there must be alot that has to be done. I hope it's not more than 1000 dollars. I'd have to get a part time job.
No it won't fit a stock wheel. We will make a hub adapter for a wider rim. I'll know more today if it's going to fit the fender or not. I don't think the fender is going to come down enough to be a problem.

Not sure on cost yet but my guess is you might need that part time job. ;)

#14 ·
Lamonster said:
Compared to a 180 it is. :D

Oh, that is going to be wild! I can't wait to see pics of this when it's done.

#16 ·
Remember when we ran car tires on the Dragon? the 205 was roughly 8" wide.Just divide the mm by 25 and you will be close enough.I got in a argument with the salesman he said you could never put a car tire on a bike rim.I said you right it only work for 40,000 miles then I had to replace it. But this look really cool,I bet the VTX will have one stock too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.