M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:a20: I was out Geocaching on the 109 this afternoon and was stopped on a short gravel road. A hillbilly on a 4 wheeler pulls up and asks if I'm ok. I think he thought my GPS was a cellphone, lol. Anyway, I nod yes and he takes off. He then comes back, and says...yup...you guessed it...."Is that the new GSX-R?" Silently laughing my ass off inside my helmet I assure him that they share some parts but this is not the new Gixxer. He says he has one back at the house. LOL!!!! Only in Oklahoma. :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ITguy said:
Well I suppose it's impressive that a least he had the right manufacturer/make (Suzuki). I've been asked several times if it was a new H :edit: and never once have they had the right make.
Yea, good point....considering it is debadged...lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funkmon said:
It's a nuts bike, man. Looks like nothing on the road. Frankly, I don't blame the guy.
Hmmm, personally I see absolutely no resemblance between a GSR and the 109. None. And for this clown to claim to own a GXR was even more ludicrous. LOL.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You'd be suprised by what people have in their garage or barn in Oklahoma. I have friends who drive "4-wheelers" who keep their Porsches, Kawasaki Ninjas, and airplanes in the barns behind their houses!!

My 109 sits in my barn next to the stack of hay bales for my horses, while my four wheel drive suburban, the blazer I drive everyday, and of course Tina's Mitsubishi Eclipse sit in the driveway....

Had to get rid of my Nissan Z turbo after I messed it up in a construction zone. I really miss that car....

Then there's my 74 year old father who quit his job a test pilot for an aircraft company 2 years ago and is waiting to trade his 2005 Mustang in on a new GT 500 Mustang....

Ah well, like you say; "only in Oklahoma..."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then there's my 74 year old father who quit his job a test pilot for an aircraft company 2 years ago and is waiting to trade his 2005 Mustang in on a new GT 500 Mustang....
Nice...tell him not to hold his breath, lol...those things are so outrageously overpriced it's ridiculous. Not to mention they are just about impossible to find unless you have a "connection" lol. I have a 2007 Mustang and love it!!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah, he got a taste of that a few weeks ago when a "friend" of his who runs a car dealership told him he would take care of him and then quoted him a price on one that was over ten thousand dollars over the MSRP. Some "friend" I told him...

Ride safe bro! Time for me to turn in!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only $10,000 over sticker? Wow, that's a steal. I would've jumped on that in a heartbeat....and then been looking for a new place to live, lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
flunky said:
I am so glad that I live south of the Red River .
Now flunky, don't worry we will still accept you north of the red river. I realize we set a high standard of acceptance up here but we will let you in regardless of how short you fall.....LOL!

Ride safe!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts