M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy my second 9!

This time a new LE, but been going all over the internet researching for SEP (extended warranty), you know how it goes every dealer is gonna try to jack up the sale deal by a very "AFFORDABLE" extended warranty, one of those guys offer me a 1500.00:eek: deal. Last time when I bought a used 07 got into that deal and found no need for the warranty during 4 years. I am thinking this time I am going to go with only the 1 year warranty that they give you and that is it.

What is your take on this? Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Its a hard choice, but nice to have there if needed. I guess it depends how you treat her. If your a charger and get after it and rev the beast for all she's got then yes get it for the time it says enougth and breaks. Or if you maintain her and ride it and keep it at redline or below and not a maniac then you will have no need for it and can probably get by with doing repairs to it and with the help on this site you should be cool...:doorag:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I am about to buy my second 9!

This time a new LE, but been going all over the internet researching for SEP (extended warranty), you know how it goes every dealer is gonna try to jack up the sale deal by a very "AFFORDABLE" extended warranty, one of those guys offer me a 1500.00:eek: deal. Last time when I bought a used 07 got into that deal and found no need for the warranty during 4 years. I am thinking this time I am going to go with only the 1 year warranty that they give you and that is it.

What is your take on this? Any comments appreciated.
Buy the OEM warranty off the web, less than half that...

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/cycle/suzuki-sepp/

·
Radio Active Member
27,683 Posts
Up to you, but why not put that money towards mods? I personally think that most problems happen with in the first year of riding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got an extended warranty with mine thrown in on the deal, but I bought a new '11 LE. I think it was part of a Suzuki promotion at the time, where they offered either $500 off, or the extended warranty. From what I understand, Suzuki is pretty damn good about taking care of warranty issues also, which is why I opted for it. Might as well see if your dealer will match the online price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts