M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard that starting Jan 1, 2011 all side mounted license plates are illegal to have in the Great Liberal State Of California!!!! With a fine up to $500.00 to go with the violation... Man I hope this isn't true... Cali F'n sucks! We all ready have the highest gas prices at $3.45 in Temecula, Ca.
Man What's next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Who knows, but it wouldnt suprise me. I will never move back there, vegas is close enough, so im sure if it is true, theyll get me sooner or later, i ride out there sometimes..and im not changing my plate so something to look forward to:evil:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Shouldn't be able to give U a ticket if U don't live there..... not for that U just have to follow the laws in your state.... :cop: :doorag:

Who knows, but it wouldnt suprise me. I will never move back there, vegas is close enough, so im sure if it is true, theyll get me sooner or later, i ride out there sometimes..and im not changing my plate so something to look forward to:evil:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I just heard that starting Jan 1, 2011 all side mounted license plates are illegal to have in the Great Liberal State Of California!!!! With a fine up to $500.00 to go with the violation... Man I hope this isn't true... Cali F'n sucks! We all ready have the highest gas prices at $3.45 in Temecula, Ca.
Getting Oprah as a next governor!:joke:

·
Registered
608 Posts
They passed that same law in Fla. $1500 fine.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
READ THIS SB 1318 this is for vertical mount
http://www.examiner.com/motorcycle-in-sacramento/new-2011-motorcycle-specific-laws-calfornia

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm orig from Ca. I don't plan on going back to that state but for visits.

They passed that same law in Fla. $1500 fine.
I'm going to be down there for two days. I have a vertical plate. Pretty sure they wont mess with an out of state bike because of this law

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just so you know, even if you dont live there, you are SUPPOSED to abide by the laws of every state you are in.

Like helmet laws, just cause you dont live there, does not mean the law does not apply even if you are just passing through.

If you are in a certain state, ALL laws of that state will apply.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm going to be down there for two days. I have a vertical plate. Pretty sure they wont mess with an out of state bike because of this law
In my experience, which is about 2 years old now. At Daytona, they have become very bike unfriendly. They won't pull you over an out of state bike for this, but, they will pull you over for something else, (make it up), and then tack this on, if he decides he doesn't like you.

They were cracking down on the street stunting, and handing out tickets for everything they could once they got them for say a wheelie, or speeding.

They were at that time trying very much to make the bikes not want to come there. Haven't been in a couple so I don't know the attitudes now. But my last visit I said, was gonna be the last. They have outlawed a lot that used to be fun to go there for.

·
Registered
838 Posts
In my experience, which is about 2 years old now. At Daytona, they have become very bike unfriendly. They won't pull you over an out of state bike for this, but, they will pull you over for something else, (make it up), and then tack this on, if he decides he doesn't like you.

They were cracking down on the street stunting, and handing out tickets for everything they could once they got them for say a wheelie, or speeding.

They were at that time trying very much to make the bikes not want to come there. Haven't been in a couple so I don't know the attitudes now. But my last visit I said, was gonna be the last. They have outlawed a lot that used to be fun to go there for.
Kinda sounds like Myrtle Beach with their helmet laws. Even though SC is a no helmet state. Pull you over for something and tags no helmet on it as well

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Kinda sounds like Myrtle Beach with their helmet laws. Even though SC is a no helmet state. Pull you over for something and tags no helmet on it as well
That no helmet law ban in Myrtle Beach was overturned by the S.C. supreme court in June of 2010. Maybe you should start reading more and saying less. Especially on the Ga. forum.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That no helmet law ban in Myrtle Beach was overturned by the S.C. supreme court in June of 2010. Maybe you should start reading more and saying less. Especially on the Ga. forum.
Im aware that it was overturned. A city law cannot over ride a state law.
I apologize sir for not being as specific as you would have liked for me to have been.
I said that as an example of what other cities or states are doing.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tough crowd lol. Its Friday, a time to be happy.

I really like the look of the sidemounted license plate, its too bad that option is gone now. Every bike I have ever seen with it, the plate stood out and really made it look custom.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here you go......) April 13, 2010 -- Demon's Cycle Inc., a custom motorcycle company in Florida, has responded to the news (http://www.demonscycle.com/Shop/Control/fp/user/demons/view_page/Press) that the Florida state vertical license plate law, which was passed in October 2008, has been amended. Previously Florida banned all vertical license plates not only on motorcycles being driven in the state but also to parked motorcycles meaning that many custom motorcycles were in violation of the law even when not used. Recently Governor Charlie Crist signed an amendment making vertical license plates legal again

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Thats probably true! BUT Illiegal Alians, there OK Though:bigthumbsup: GOTTA LOVE IT!
Land of the free and home of the brave!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Tough crowd lol. Its Friday, a time to be happy.

I really like the look of the sidemounted license plate, its too bad that option is gone now. Every bike I have ever seen with it, the plate stood out and really made it look custom.
You are still able to have the side mount plate. It just can't be vertical. If I read correctly
I think the horizontal plate sticks out too much. That's why I like the vertical

·
Registered
392 Posts
$3.45 per gallon??? Booo-hooo!!! I'm paying 1.17 per litre. Your price works out to 92 cents per litre. Canada, especially eastern regions, gets raped on fuel costs, kinda weird considering we have some of the largest oil reserves in the world.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts