M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for me im a fair weather rider and the season is coming to an end :mad: but how many of you like to ride in the fall time more so than the 85 degree weather? are you gearing up or gearing down ?????

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm gearing up, I try to hit it hard during the color change in the midwest. Some of the best riding in my opinion, no bugs either after the first hard frost.

Soon enough it will be time for Arctic Cat green. That's me on the left, you can tell by the eyes!

Extra special bonus points for whoever can tell me where this is. Hint!!!! It snows there a lot. Plus there is another clue over on the left.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
even in south dakota.....i try to ride year round. So far,i have been able to ride at least 1 day of every month of the year. I've done it since Jan 1st,2000!!! Just wrap up a lil more than usual!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
THE BEST TIME IS NOW!!

This is a midwest riders favorite time. For me anyhow. Cool days, Cooler nights. Bugs are low. I ride into the winter if there's no snow on the roads.
I enjoy not sweating my balls off sitting at a corner.
Ramp it UP!

·
Registered
948 Posts
In Oklahoma I ride all winter. Opportunities get a ittle sparse in January and February but I stil make it out a couple of times a month. I have ridden down to about 30 degrees after that it just gets too miserable... too much leather too much gear... you look like a leather clad snowman. But it's still fun... until you can't feel anything anymore.

·
Registered
143 Posts
In Oklahoma I ride all winter. Opportunities get a ittle sparse in January and February but I stil make it out a couple of times a month. I have ridden down to about 30 degrees after that it just gets too miserable... too much leather too much gear... you look like a leather clad snowman. But it's still fun... until you can't feel anything anymore.
Yup, In OK you can ride pretty much all year round. But when it gets cold...its EFFING COLD haha!!

Most months you will still have some weekends in the 60's and last December we had some 70's and even 80's in the state lol!!

I prefer this time of year and spring to just about any. Summer here is so miserable. I feel for the Florida and South TX Riders!!

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I live in mass I ride till it snows then it away for winter until then short rides to just get out. I just ordered a heated liner to get a little extra riding at the end and in the beginning of next season
will post some reviews after some use

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Piedmont??

wow I used to live in Blackhawk!! Born and raised in Rapid City!! I doooo know about the snow LOL Here in WA the winters seem to go in 3 year cycles. 2 winters ago 6 foot, Not much riding then. I to like riding when its a little cooler. I have a zoot suit i call it. But 30 degrees is about it.
even in south dakota.....i try to ride year round. So far,i have been able to ride at least 1 day of every month of the year. I've done it since Jan 1st,2000!!! Just wrap up a lil more than usual!!!!

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
We ride comfortably into oct. just Gear up
Here in Va we usually can ride at least Once or twice every month of the Winter

Fall is my Favorite part of the Riding season

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I can't enjoy the ride, I don't ride. It gets into the 40's or less I become a wuss and would rather not bundle up so much that I feel like I can barely move or not bundle enough that I spend the entire time shivering.
Fortunately, here in Georgia the riding season is long!:D:D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
I love fall riding. Cool mornings and evenings, mild days, not many bugs. I pack my jacket liner in case it's needed but that's all the extra gear I take.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Gearing up here in the North East too. Fall riding is the best as far as I'm concerned. 55-65 degree temps are great for riding. We always have at least two rides planned thru the Adirondack Mountains to Lake Placid, NY. I think one of last years ride may have been in mid November if I remember correctly! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Florida with only two seasons: Hot and extremely HOT! Let's see if fall brings the temperature down a little around here. It was extremely uncomfortable riding with the freaking heat!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Texas fall riding is the best of the season except fopr the days when the wind takes over. Cooling down is when it hits 90 it was 100 here yesterday.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Gearing up here in the North East too. Fall riding is the best as far as I'm concerned. 55-65 degree temps are great for riding. We always have at least two rides planned thru the Adirondack Mountains to Lake Placid, NY. I think one of last years ride may have been in mid November if I remember correctly! :bigthumbsup:

I really like that Copper/Black two-tone custom paint. Who's bike is that? That's a sweet color combo. :bigthumbsup:

Fall is the best almost anywhere period. Nothern New England is awesome in the fall and you can beat the bright colors you guys get on the hardwoods up there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts