M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it me or is it the 9 have been properly 'break in' already?

The warning fuel light comes on every 125miles and I always refuel when there is only 1 bar left at the fuel gauge. After I have de-baffled the exhaust, I managed to get at least 10% more in mileage from the same amount of fuel previously.

Is it just me or others have such encounter or the bike have 'Break In' proper?

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
i get the same crappy gas mileage out of mine. I guess there big bikes are thirsty :dontknow:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I'm usually around 140 b4 my light starts to flash. Takes about 4 gallons to fill up at that point. So far getting anywhere from 35-39 mpg. Just rolled over 1K miles, exhaust, intakes and programer. Still fiddling w/ the settings.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Same here about 35 miles to the gallon. Having mine dynoed today Hopfully that will fix my to rich problem.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You fuel milage really depends on how hard u ride. My fuel light doesnt come on until 150-160 miles. I normally try to get fuel around 130 miles unless Im on a long ride, then I dont start worrying until my fuel light comes on

·
Registered
259 Posts
You fuel milage really depends on how hard u ride. My fuel light doesnt come on until 150-160 miles. I normally try to get fuel around 130 miles unless Im on a long ride, then I dont start worrying until my fuel light comes on
:agree::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
I find it sort of funny that guys that would spend hundreds if not thousands on a motorcycle, worry about gas mileage? Personally I could give a crap, need gas, pull over and fill it up. It only costs, what maybe $10 to top it off in most areas. JMO :doorag:
I agree mostly but I fill it up with Supreme and my bill is usually $14-$15.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Comparison.

I find it sort of funny that guys that would spend hundreds if not thousands on a motorcycle, worry about gas mileage? Personally I could give a crap, need gas, pull over and fill it up. It only costs, what maybe $10 to top it off in most areas. JMO :doorag:
No Mate, I was amazed that loud pipes yield better fuel consumptions. Just checking if others whom have de-baffled their pipes have similar encounters.:p

·
Registered
295 Posts
I get about 150-160 miles / tank when its flashing.

·
Registered
927 Posts
:agree: I usually can make it to 150+ before I see the light on a nice cruising day....But when I find myself twisting a little harder on the throttle I fall in into the 130s really easy...

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I agree with you except for the $10,00 thing, You are putting premium in yours, I hope. I use 93 octane that runs 3.29 right now. In most cases I need 4 gallons plus, so I am looking at $15.00.

Your right, it ain't really that big a deal, and anyone who buys a M109R and worries about mileage bought the wrong bike. Shoulda bought a scooter.

I've not once recorded the mileage my bike gets, and the best I have got was 192 miles with one bar still showing, took a tad over 4 gallons to re-fill. My pickup is a 2004 Ford Lightning, another one of those vehicles you do not buy and start asking about mileage. Its got a roots-blown V-8, you don't buy it for mileage.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I dont thing the OP really is "worried' about the mileage ,sounds like he just wanted to know what is "normal"
I have Hard Chrome Sideburners and a Cobra Fueler now ,When it was stock i could get 41 miles a gallon ,If i was just tooling around town , and as low as 32 if I was HITTING it ,
I havent really checked it since the new combinaton of mods , but my first warning light has been comin on at around 130 :doorag:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts