M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the bike, awesome but why not a normal name someone other than you can remember. It took practice for me to even pronounce it without messing up. What do you all think? It might help me join the club if I knew what the M and R meant.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
M=Muscle
109 well you should know that if youre buying a motorcycle in the first place.
R=Racing

I like the name, better than Vrod, or Jackpot, or midnight star, etc.etc.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
109 is OK, Muscle, Race and Boulevard are all pretty silly

·
Registered
3,367 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes it is a stupid name. I wish it had a short catchy name like vmaxx or vrod. Instead when someone askes me what kind of bike I have I have to say the mouthful of an unsexy name, M109R.

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Vmaxamillion is a much cooler name - Ya I ride a Vmaxamillion which is much easier to say than M109R.

What a way to join the group by calling all of our bikes stupid.

Welcome to the group anyway.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

Why would you buy a bike with a stupid name:dontknow:just pull off all emblems and call it a custom most people don't know what make it is anyway.

·
Registered
388 Posts
"M" is likely for "Marauder," the Suzuki sub-brand? At least according to articles I read before I bought it. Marauder ironically means a "raider," someone who attacks and plunders

G

·
I wish they'd just stayed with the Intruder name.

Don't know why they felt the need to change to Boulevard. And why not VZR. In some countries they just call it a VZR1800. But here they wanted to appeal to the non-metric types.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
It really should of been called the M1800R Intruder like in Europe :verymad:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
The name, like the bike, is totally different than anything else out there. And it suits me just fine.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts