M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Walmart to pick up oil and they do not carry the Mobil 1 racing 4t any more. They now carry Castrol Power RS Racing 4T 10w-40.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Try the Rotella T6 full synthetic, only $20 a gallon. Isn't that Castrol around $9 a quart?

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Yup about $9 a quart. I just want the best oil for my engine and will give it the best protection. Here is a data test chart for oil comparisons. http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf
It did well in all areas of the testing, except rust protection. If you are storing the bike, that may be a consideration. How many interior parts are made of iron as opposed to aluminum?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My Walmart did the same thing. I found the Mobil1 at Autozone.
I am going to return this oil and pick up some more Mobil 1 there this week.

Can't go wrong with Amsoil.
Did you know that Amsoil oil runs 10 degrees hotter then the Mobil 1 oil? I ran Amsoil for years in my other bikes. But I do not want to have $100 plus $$ sitting on the shelf. There does not seem to be a local dealer to just pick up 4 quarts, so I now go with Mobil 1.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have worked on engines for a very long time now. I would not recommend a synthetic oil ever. They do not do anything for your engine. The synthetics actually reduce performance.

Just my .02

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just put my bike in the shop after useing this oil on my last oil change.
:confused:

I'm sure the fact that I ride like a bat outta h#ll had nothing to do with it.
:eek::D

I liked the comparison of oils for amsoils and just as important was the understanding oil article.
:bigthumbsup:

I have been using synthetics ( 2 or 3 diff brands over the 30k miles ) and had the mech at the shop ask me if I had changed the clutch cause it looked brand new and in perfect condition.
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I have worked on engines for a very long time now. I would not recommend a synthetic oil ever. They do not do anything for your engine. The synthetics actually reduce performance.

Just my .02
Don't leave us hanging! Tell us your experience with synthetic oils and what caused you to think that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts