M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
ditto....... what do you say JR  ?   interested in making a couple sets?did you keep the set valve?if not why not?
thanx :a18: :2cool: :a18: :2cool: :#1:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
sledzep01 said:
I dont know what a fair price would be, but I know I want em and cant make em.

Sledzep
Sled. Are you really interested in doing a pipe similar to JR's 2 into 1? I've been working up to it and am pretty sure I am going to try. I'm not capable of doing the work myself. I don't weld and really don't have the tools for it. However I know a guy I used to work with that is an airframe welder and fabricator. I know for sure he could do it. My only concern is he probably won't work cheap.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jazzman said:
Sled. Are you really interested in doing a pipe similar to JR's 2 into 1? I've been working up to it and am pretty sure I am going to try. I'm not capable of doing the work myself. I don't weld and really don't have the tools for it. However I know a guy I used to work with that is an airframe welder and fabricator. I know for sure he could do it. My only concern is he probably won't work cheap.
Well, I am reallyu interested. We just need to find out what "probably wont work cheap means" I mean we will be supplying all of the metal.... and the exhaust.... I certainly expect someone who does it to get paid what they feel they deserve. As long as I can afford it.

I think one of the threads had posted how long it took them. We should approach with an estimate and see. :D

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
just remove the heat shields, buy the muffler you want, and drive the bike up to the local muffler shop.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bad109 said:
just remove the heat shields, buy the muffler you want, and drive the bike up to the local muffler shop.
I am slowly re reading every post to learn all Ican first.

Sledzep

·
Registered
703 Posts
bad109 said:
Yeah, I tried that today with a couple of different shops and I must tell you, after talking with them(which they had no idea what I was trying to tell them) I decided that I will wait untill somebody knows what is going on before they even consider touching my pipes.

·
Registered
572 Posts
No more questions your honor...

:)

Let's keep it a secret till the day comes when it gets revealed in a bang...

Well, hopefully not in a bang, that would be bad :)

:)

G

·
JR, you (and I) put alot of work into that exhaust.....you may have taken one too many pills.....and need to go to bed .

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
JRs DAD said:
JR, you (and I) put alot of work into that exhaust.....you may have taken one too many pills.....and need to go to bed .
haha. now thats funny. :bigthumbsup: :super: :doorag:

G

·
Don't misunderstand, JR.....you can do what ever you want,,,,,but, since you came up with this idea, everybody and his uncle Tanoose either wants it.....or has tried it.....so, think before you deside what to do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
J R said:
No we are talking about pipes that actually make power 8) not make less then stock ::) ::) ::) Different thing altogether.
Ok im on the same page now!

·
Registered
94 Posts
J R said:
No we are talking about pipes that actually make power 8) not make less power then stock cutting the capacity of the stock ex in half ::) ::) ::) Different thing altogether. Im not the one on here copying anything or asking for advice from anyone..... I post about 1 /10 of what I do to my bike and most of the time when i do its been done a long time before i post it if i do at all...for all you know my pipes where cut the second day I ever had the thing.Diffrence in me and others is I only post somthing that works and I know works thru testing.Welding a pipe on the end of the stock exh any moron can do.Making it make more power actually takes a brain and testing over and over.If this pipe mod is not done right you WILL lose power or stay about the same as stock.
How much more power than stock? can you post something to show?
Myself and others thank you for all the hard work your putting into this. but I'm a heavy guy 380lb.. If i lose 100lb i could gain what would feel like 15-20hp I'm not looking for the edge.. I ride my bike daily i have 4k on the 109 I love it.. now that i have "the MOD" 2 into 1 with s.e.t I'm happy i love the sound and trq. Do you think they put that s.e.t there to add weight?. there was a lot of money and time put into that. JR i think your doing great things here. If you have the time and money (I dont) to get every bit of HP out of your 109 thats your bizz thats why i go this board to see who is pushing the edge. JR your the edge guy :bigthumbsup: and again thank you for showing us some of your tricks :bigthumbsup: now where is the nearest taco bell.. LOL

G

·
r you selling the first pipe design or the second i like the first one better than 2 if so i will pay for pipe and give you my stock set this week please contact me i will call and leave message or you can email me [email protected] i live in clw fla so the exchange would be fairly easy

G

·
It was the fact that yur arse suked the seat well into the depths of yur durty place that kept you from falling off.

My bike is next. I have to figure what this Hurricane is doing because I will be busy now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I would be willing to help anyone who wanted pipes built. Just PM me if interested.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
J R said:
Well if Lamont and Hal dont wanna do them why dont you try Perry see if you and your buddy can do them somtime ????

How much you guys wanna buy mine for ???? :D I mean I really dont wanna sell it but maybe with a core and some cash I might be inclined to sell to the highest bidder might even throw in a cobra fi2000r on the deal.I dont know its a bit late and im on some pretty strong pain meds tonight but I might sell my own exhaust with a core stock exhuast sent to me with some cash.???Think about it let me know.Id need another stock exhaust system and cash and id give my exhaust and an fi2000r whats it worth to ya ???? I may even throw a secret or two out with the deal for a 130+ h.p 109 SAE.......after biketober fest :D :D :D
JR, I sent an email

Others who have offerd to help... everyone is still on the list. I want this done, I am just weighing how/when. Some offers are from far away.... others not. Some I believe kept their SET... others not. I have alot to think about. Plus there is the down time... All of a sudden I have very little free time... and 3 rides planned... and many things to get done before the BBQ.

If you have PM'd me and offered to help, THANK YOU I am still considering it. Including the thoughts here...

Sledzep

1 - 20 of 21 Posts