1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I will do it if I can get a 4 day weekend. There was just a couple articles about the U.P. in Cruiser and Motorcyclist I think.

G

·
There is also the anual Roger Hull Memorial ride out of Grand Rapids MI. It's a multiple distance endurance ride.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would be interested in doing the ride. Not too keen on the 24 hour thing but maybe 48 hours?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
that would be a fun ride. according to the iron butt association rules in order for the ride to qualify as an iron butt ride it has to be completed within 24 hours. that is a lot of miles in 24 hours. better get a seat from baldylatino. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that would be a fun ride. according to the iron butt association rules in order for the ride to qualify as an iron butt ride it has to be completed within 24 hours. that is a lot of miles in 24 hours. better get a seat from baldylatino. :bigthumbsup:
definitely fun. the challenge adds an element to the ride. just in case i'm bringing some light weight camp gear. it's possible to finish in a lot less than 24 hours... just have to watch how long the fuel stops get the more sore your butt gets. we put on 700+ miles between new orleans and savannah GA in about 16 hours and that was mostly on regular highway along the gulf of mexico, not expressway. probably should loosen up with a 500mi trek or two before hand. i've noticed i get used to a long ride after about 6 hours on the road. stuff goes numb and you just kinda zone out and rack up the miles.

was talking to a buddy i ride with all the time last night about this. he got me interested in the 1500mi in 24 hr. a little googleing found des moines, IA is just under 1500mi. from las vegas. head out for des moines on friday night. leave early from there for vegas. get there early sunday. rest up party a bit. take a few days getting back... just gotta find some time off work for that one.

anyways... we tenatively set May 22nd for the Lake Michigan 1000 run. Any takers?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
4 day weekend?... you only need 24 hours.
Well I am in Missouri and trip up there would be a day, then the UP another day, and the trip back to Missouri a day so yeah a 4 day weekend.

"that would be a fun ride. according to the iron butt association rules in order for the ride to qualify as an iron butt ride it has to be completed within 24 hours. that is a lot of miles in 24 hours. better get a seat from baldylatino. :bigthumbsup: "

Already taken care of, I just put in my order with Baldylatino this past week, now I just have to wait for him to finish em up.

G

·
any more info on this? i have a friend in k-zoo not far from GR.
I did it in 2004. My old site link doesn't work and there is nothing on the search results, so maybe they're not doing it anymore. It was put on by a local group in Grand Rapids. It also used to be listed in the IBA events calander. Not there iether. Sorry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I am in Missouri and trip up there would be a day, then the UP another day, and the trip back to Missouri a day so yeah a 4 day weekend.
oops... didn't see where you were from. could probably find a couch for you to crash on if you made the trip up for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts