M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed both today,, fit is ok but not perfect, ill heat them one day and try to get it perfect.

·
Registered
140 Posts
looks pretty good to me! mines at the body shop getting the fairing painted to match.... hopefully get it back next week. its 50 degrees and the sun is shining..

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks pretty good to me! mines at the body shop getting the fairing painted to match.... hopefully get it back next week. its 50 degrees and the sun is shining..
wow 50, thats a heatwave,,its about 27 here and light snow.

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
75 here in Oklahoma City today. Rode mine to wokr for the first time in a month.:D:D:D:D:D

Yours looks like it fits about as well as mine. Eventually I am going to remove it and trim both of the spacers, to get it to go in further. Figure that will work good. Both sides are mis-matched anywhere from 1/16 to 1/8 inch. Closer in the front, and further in the rear.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I am surprised they don't fit perfectly. You probably should let Martin know what needs to be fixed for future batches. Kind of sux to pay good money and have to modify it to work. Looks great on the bike however...congrats!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am surprised they don't fit perfectly. You probably should let Martin know what needs to be fixed for future batches. Kind of sux to pay good money and have to modify it to work. Looks great on the bike however...congrats!
i agree.. i have seen them fit a lot worse than mine though..

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
:congrats: I think it looks great, thinking about one for mine might paint to match the bike not sure. anyone else hae pics. to compare? what is it about the fit you dont like? :a18::2cool:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i guess i should have been more clear, its the chin spoiler thats a little off .. but not much.
Bike looks good!!!

I have the Chin Spoiler and you right it doesn't fit they way it should. I really think the "one bolt and zipties" setup is pretty pathetic actually. The chin spoiler itself is pretty nice and seems to be well made but the fitment is a PITA. It certainley doesn't lock into place like the stock lowers. :'( It looks good from a distance but if you get right up on it especially on my left side the gaps are uneven and I can't get it to look perfect.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I think your bike looks :bad2thebone:

As far as the spoiler fitment goes, even if it is off it still looks way better than stock. Also, the fitment issues are easier to see on the chrome ones. If you paint yours to match, the piece blends better with the radiator cowl.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think your bike looks :bad2thebone:

As far as the spoiler fitment goes, even if it is off it still looks way better than stock. Also, the fitment issues are easier to see on the chrome ones. If you paint yours to match, the piece blends better with the radiator cowl.
Thanks Bobby:agree:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts