M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Happy Birthday, and thank you again for your service. Awesome pictures. It is hard to imagine that what look like cardboard boxes in the 2nd pics, are really homes. Wow...
Thanks Guys,
That is actually a cemetery. Those are the grave sites. Had to look twice when I saw them

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Ok... that makes it a little better. I still have absolutely NO desire to ever see that place in person. I commend you brother.
:agree: you take care over there Bro....:bigthumbsup: on the pic's

Thanks

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
thanks for your service:bigthumbsup:

cool pics, one question though.

Is there a reason why all the buildings, architecture is all painted the exact same color? there's no variation in paint schemes except for mosques or palaces.

just wondering it really stuck out seeing those pics and knowing that everything here in the US is more colorful

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your service:bigthumbsup:

cool pics, one question though.

Is there a reason why all the buildings, architecture is all painted the exact same color? there's no variation in paint schemes except for mosques or palaces.

just wondering it really stuck out seeing those pics and knowing that everything here in the US is more colorful
The reason for the brown/tan color is that alot of the stuff out here is what we call "Mud Huts". Its literally like some cheap stucko made with the dirt. Along with all the blowing dust/sand all the time everything gets to be that color sooner or later. I also don't think they really bother to paint anything, except for the mosques.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
First Happy Birthday bro!!! Thanks for the pictures, I could look at them all day long!! Thanks for sharing and Thanks for your service! Be safe and keep ur head down.... :bigthumbsup:

:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:be sure and thank all the men and women u are serving with for all of us over here! And to come home SAFE!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pics from Iraq

Thanks for helping to protect our country and stay safe!!!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Thanks for the pics, stay safe and Happy B-Day.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Happy Birthday to you. I hope it is an enjoyable with lots of laughs. Thanks for keeping my family and me safe and for serving our country. God Bless.:bigthumbsup::super:

·
Registered
461 Posts
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup: reminds me of my time in the Army, but I wasn't in Iraq. Thanks for your sacrifice and service!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
hey man, thanks for sharing your pics and for Gods sake be safe... ALL OF YOU.

thank you for what you are doing
BDK

1 - 20 of 40 Posts