M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, I just wanted to intoduce myself. I'm Delmustator and I go by Del for short.

I picked up my spanking new Violet Blue M109R from the dealer yesterday. I just wanted to say that reading many of the impressions posted by the user community here help me to make the decision to buy the 109. I lost my baby of 13 years last year (Honda CBR1000F) and purchased a Boulevard C90T thinking it would fill the void. I was totally wrong! Once you own an awesome street bike. It's hard to replace them. SO the C90T has a 4 SALE sign hanging from it.

Enter M109R - It was raining buckets yesterday so I had to trailer the bike for the ride home. I am SO pumped to get her on the road and feel that sweet power again.

I'm a regular over on the NHTOC (National Harley Truck Owners Club) and as Wildracing22 can confirm. We are horsepower/torque junkies!

If it goes with ATTITUDE, we want it sitting in OUR driveway. The more power the better!

Anyway, I look forward to being a member of this community.

Now for the rain to GO AWAY so I can ride!!!!

G

·
Welcome Del,,,If decide to try it in teh rain,,BE vewy vewy careful.AA-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A....its a handful it the rain,,,got caught in a downpour a week ago about 2 miles from my house ....just started raining and was very slick...I was a nervous wreck....twichty throttle made for easy wheel spin..Be safe.... :D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the rain cleared and I spent the rest of the day riding. Put the first 101 miles on her today.

All I can say is "WOW!" I've been smiling ear to ear all day. Took the wife riding this evening. Went to a local biker hangout called "Scooters" to eat dinner. The 109 had everyone looking when I pulled in an parked right in front of everyone.

My first impressions are that the bike runs alot like a sportbike, just without the extra 2 cylinders. It sounds awesome but I need to get through the break-in period before I really open her up. But it's obvious that the bike has plenty of power on demand. Excellent balance and love the low center of gravity. The wife hopped on it and had no problem moving the 695 lbs with ease. She even commented about getting one! Oh my dreams are coming true! Now if I can find a trust worthy baby sitter, I'm golden...

I HATE the stock grips.. OMG I was hoping that Suzuki would dump those things but I see they had some left over. I replaced the ones on my C90T with Kuryakans already and love those with the Throttle Boss. I may have to swap them out tomorrow before I sell the C90T.

Well I have a full day of riding planned for tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts