M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see a specific topic or section for intros so here it is! I have been wanting an M90 for some time. I love the look of the 109/90 but the 109 is more than I want/need. I just came from a 2000 Suzuki Marauder (vz800) which I learned a lot about while I had it. The 90 is such a nice bike, coming from a carburetted, chain drive bike the 90 just feels great to me. I'm getting used to the shaft drive but it shouldn't take long. As I ride I'm figuring out what adjustments I need to make for myself, suspension I need to look into but I have read here it gets a little softer with time.

I'm an IT guy who also enjoys my 2008 Jeep wrangler...4 door but its still as capable as any 2 door I've trailed with. I don't mean to step on toes here being my second post but I was wondering if there was any interest in a separate forum dedicated to the 90 or not? I run a small hosting service on the side have setup forums plenty of times. I am not out to take away from this forum, just offer my resources to help create a community. Maybe the 109/90 are similar enough that this is not necessary.

Anyway, I look forward to learning a lot about this bike and just enjoying the ride!

·
Registered
160 Posts
:welcome:

Im fairly new to the site as well, and I am a lurker on the M90 site that Deputy linked to.. I hadnt joined mainly bc there is already so much good information here..

As far as my .02 its I have found a lot of overlap between the 90/109 groups. Such as putting a 109 tire on a 90 bike, etc. I have always found the 109 guys to be very helpful..

Some may even meet up with us lowly M90 riders every once in a while:joke:

:congrats: on your ride and enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
heheh yeh, i stuck around the 109 site mainly because i thought our bike had alot of commons and i could milk questions out from them, but it turns out not so much.. kinda been hangin around m90.ca a lil more, but i like to come here to read all the drama
:swear:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to the site. Wife and I both drive jeeps, hers a 2010 4dr mango tango and mine an 09 2dr surf blue. Hers is stock, I've got a 2 1/2" lift and 33" nitto Mud Grapplers. Good times on either the four or two wheelers.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Congrats on your new bike! You'll have lots of fun on it!

I've always found the M109 folks very helpful on those occasions when I've requested help. I find that there is some overlap on our bikes and I've learned alot from the M109 riders.

I still read the posts here M109riders but read the posts on the M90 Owners Club too.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.