M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the IMS in Houston this weekend. It was quite a bit larger this year and had more vendors. If you enjoy ALL motorcycles this is the place to be. From the new factory bikes to the few customs (sportbike and cruiser), to the stunt show and as I said the vendors, it was a good time. There were demo rides from Yamaha, Kawasaki, Buell, and HD's. The Yamaha demo's featured mostly the new 1300 Star motorcycles while the Kaws were of the sportbike variety and Harley Davidson featured the new V-Rods. If you guys on the 109's want to really see what the V-Rod will do here's your chance.
As for the factory displays, Harley had a large area as usual. Ducati had an enclosed area with past GP bikes on display. The Asian guys had decent displays. Yamaha by far took the show with the Star Motorcycles booth. On display was one of the most gaudy customs I've ever seen which cost an estimated $250,000 to build. I would hate to try and ride that thing. Kawasaki and Honda both had a nice amount of bikes to saddle up. Suzuki, for lack of a better word, sucked. If you go to check out the Suzuki guys you may be a little disappointed. Not enough cruisers and a focus on Sportbikes. The whole display lagged far behind their Asian counterparts. They did have the M109R on display with a few different accessories bolted on. Also attending was the new Limited Edition 109. No sign of the bulky boulevard version.
All in all, was it worth the $12 bucks to get through the gate? Oh yeah, it's worth the $12 just to see those guys riding in the Steel Ball Of Death, or whatever they called it. It was a good time.
Have fun! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
You forgot to mention the two custom 109s by Baron. One was an orange done up cruiser. The other are you ready...... Was a RED M109r Bobber, sorry didn't have a camera, But I hope someone else took pictures of these... THey were both kinda cool. Baron had price lists for all the parts on each bike, and said they would be ready spring 2007...

I agree with OYChoppa the Suzuki booth was the worst looking booth there... I Also got to see the back rest, soft saddle bags combo on the 109, IMO it was fuggly. They put a lot of spacers between the bike and backrest, and then more spacers between the back rest mount and the bags... They stuck out worse than dumbo's ears... and the bags are tiny...

OYChoppa was right, Yamaha Star booth was killer, but I tell you chromed out roadliners have the same sticker shock as a H-D. I sat on two that were over $20k... Nice but.........

·
Registered
243 Posts
ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION....

When you walk in the front entrance to the show. Th first thing you see is our bike, up on a pedestal.... :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

The second thing you see, is the COBRA Custom 109r... :bigthumbsup: both are there for a free draw to win...

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was there on Friday at 4 when it opened ...... good show, AMAZING Hotties :eek: . I think your impressions were right on. Star booth was great with their customs. Suzook booth was OK , the custom 109's were Gawd Awful IMHO (they have been posted here , the ones with the giant ape hangers) except the Cobra bike near the front (blue and white). That new headlight nacel looked decent in the flesh (the Vrod -like one).

Ducati's enclosed exhibit was neat but no production bikes?!?!? Only racers (very kewl) Including the bike Bayliss just won World Superbike on.

New Concours 14 is pretty cool ,BMW's were awesome ......

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I failed to mention the Bobbed 109 because I'm still trying to get that hideous sight out of my head. Suzuki does need to do some catching up in the cruiser market. They fall behind EVERYONE! Also in the presentation department. If you have a great presentation you can sell ice to Eskimo's and sand to Arabs. Overall it was a good show and worth the jack to get in. the Roadliners you saw were chromed up a bit. $20K is a little much but still I'd want the Liner over ANY HD ANY day. More power than evrything that Harley puts out with the exception of the plumbers-bike aka: Buell and ofcourse the Porche eerrrrrr V-Rod.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i signed up for the free drawing on the 109 and hope i win one, also the one with the ape bars looked wild i didn't care for it.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Was a RED M109r Bobber
wtf. take a bike that's trying to move it forward, and send it backwards instead. ah well, whatever blows their skirt up.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moto said:
i signed up for the free drawing on the 109 and hope i win one, also the one with the ape bars looked wild i didn't care for it.
+1 I signed up for both 109's. The first thing to go on the Cobra bike is the paint.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah the show was good. I mainly went there for me and my wife to sit on all of the bikes we were looking at. We were determined to buy a nightrain and I have ridden a newer dyna, but after we sat on the m109 it was an easy decision. Glad I picked up my red one today. Except for being able to sit on the 109 the Suzuki booth sucked. Also the people in the booth were terrible. I went over there twice and they would not even talk to any of the people looking at the bikes. I finally physically went over there and asked some questions, but they seemed like I was bothering them. I then asked if they had any show specials going and they said no, the price is msrp plus freight, setup and tax. Way to sell a bike. The harley booth was extremely friendly. I just wished I could have afforded the t-rex they had there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
neverenoughtime said:
Yeah the show was good. I mainly went there for me and my wife to sit on all of the bikes we were looking at. We were determined to buy a nightrain and I have ridden a newer dyna, but after we sat on the m109 it was an easy decision. Glad I picked up my red one today. Except for being able to sit on the 109 the Suzuki booth sucked. Also the people in the booth were terrible. I went over there twice and they would not even talk to any of the people looking at the bikes. I finally physically went over there and asked some questions, but they seemed like I was bothering them. I then asked if they had any show specials going and they said no, the price is msrp plus freight, setup and tax. Way to sell a bike. The harley booth was extremely friendly. I just wished I could have afforded the t-rex they had there.
Congrats on the new bike. I AGREE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT WITH YOU... The three guys in the Suzuki both were A$$s ::) you had to beat any info out of them... I asked about the C109r and they looked at me like I was nuts. "I am sorry I don't know what you are talking about. Have you seen the M109R?" Whatever. Its too bad because our bike was showcased at the event (free draws, first bike you see when you walk in the show), and Suzuki puts that booth and those boneheads to represent the best cruiser out there....

I am venting, but also you are right, The Harley Booth was exceptional :bigthumbsup: Display booth was great, the amount of Motorcycles they had, and every guy was friendly, informative and genuinely wanted to answer your questions... Suzuki could learn from that mentality....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts