M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Show in DC yesterday and I must say it was nice.
Beautiful custom bikes, lots of vendors and OEM's.

I stopped by the Suzuki display and talked to the Factory Rep and I asked him why don't you have a C109 on the show floor? The answer wasn't good.

He said that Suzuki has currently stop making all the C109 and the standard C50, C90, M50, M90 for sell in the US. The only cruiser they currently have is the M109 all models and the C50T, that's it. All other models are sport!

Then he said that if at some point in time the market demands Suzuki might get back in the cruiser game but for right now US dealers have WAAAY to many just sitting on the floor and not moving for the last 2 years.

So for the good news, he also said that if one was in the market for that model of bike that most dealer HAVE to move these bikes because it now eating a hole in the overhead of the store.

I hope this info can help.
Terry

·
Registered
643 Posts
what a shame, with 2008 C109's still being auctioned off as Brand new on Fleabay its not a huge surprise though. i had figured the C9 was in trouble just because with the economy and fuel prices the big twin cruiser market is gonna be in trouble.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I guess that is why there is not much in aftermarket and probably less soon. I was trying to find some velocity pro 2 into 1's and found out that the were discontinued 18 months ago. All I see out there in exhaust are hardchrome 3" straights and cobras, maybe a black sideburner or 2.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dang!

I'm sorry to hear about the c not continuing in the line up.
Man, this is a great bike to NOT be in production. I love this thing. It's big enough to be really comfortable, and the 40 mpg is better than either 4 wheeler we have. (40 mpg if I can keep my wrist from reflecting any pent up anxiety from work or home)
Does anyone know if Suzuki is producing it and shipping anywhere else?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I asked the dealer the same question about the lineup, and he had told me the same thing. It seems suzuki's hot selling bike are the sport bikes, none of them got the ax.
the down side is we have to use premium gas and here in north central florida it is 30 cents more than regular.
I've got an 08 which I bought new this past April and I have put over 15000 miles on it and I love the ride, I'm just curious on the life expectancy on the engine?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Where is promotion?

Promote if you want to sell.

:edit:
Suzuki classicaly has no normal promotion at all.
Even, no normal posters/walls in normal quality/resolution.
Torque and hp, not all info that's needed to buy a bike.

Busa, gsx and gladius - are just exclusions.

FOR example look how BMW do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So I guess that is why there is not much in aftermarket and probably less soon. I was trying to find some velocity pro 2 into 1's and found out that the were discontinued 18 months ago. All I see out there in exhaust are hardchrome 3" straights and cobras, maybe a black sideburner or 2.
Metric Thunder still have them on their website. I am going to order some evenyually for myself so I hope I can still get them. Listening to Youtube clips idicate that they have great sound.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts