M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many of you guys & gals will be making it to the IMS in Hoston. It'll be at Reliant Center from Nov. 10 - 12. I'll only be able to make the Sunday show because I'll be in San Antonio Saurday. It starts @ 9:30am Saturday & Sunday and ends at 8pm Saturday and 5pm Sunday. If anyone wants to hook up for a ride out there Sunday let me know. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, maybe a few others will want to ride also. I think they'll have the new 109's there. The new sporty M109LE and boulevard "cookie cutter". :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, it will be nice to see the burple in action. I think they'll be having test rides too from a few of the major manufacture's. I know Yamaha will be doing the test rides. I would honestly like to throw a leg over the Stratoliner. I heard from a couple of Warrior guys last year say it's quicker than the Warrior. Not sure about Suzuki test rides though. Of course, you guys already know how the 109 rides. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Bring your helmet and licence, Yamaha will be there. for test rides... I am with you I want to ride the strataliner as well for a second "sunday bring the wife cruiser". It really is nice...

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I got some bad news yesterday. It seems Yamaha has a recall on my bike 2001 Roadie. There is a "possible" defect in a clip in my tranny and I need to put the sled in the shop. They said that if the clip malfunctions it could cause the gears to lock up which "might" lock up the rear wheel. I don't like taking chances so I won't be riding to the IMS this year but I will still attend on Sunday.
In the good side, while the motor is apart i could have some upgrades performed at no additional cost. My mechanic thinks I already have the High Comp pistons but we'll se for sure now. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
666 Posts
is this recall on the 2001 only and is it on the 1300 and the 1800 or ?
i have a buddy with one thats why i ask
thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm in. OT at the JOB should be done for the year and man I am ready to light the fires and smoke the tires :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
texas109 said:
is this recall on the 2001 only and is it on the 1300 and the 1800 or ?
i have a buddy with one thats why i ask
thanks
Maybe the 1300's and 1800's you're talking about are the Honda VTX's. Or maybe the new V-Star 1300 and Roadliner 113ci. My bike is a 2001 Road Star with a 1600/98 ci. The recall is for year models 1999 - 2001, I think. Either way, if your buddy doesn't own a Road Star he should be fine. If he does, he can call his local Yamaha shop and give them the VIN# and they'll search a Yamaha database and let him know for sure. I called Houston Motorsports on FM1960 and gave them the VIN. The guy asked if my name was Frank. Evidently he's the original owner of my bike. The guy said my bike is on the list and I need the work done so I'll drop her off Saturday. I can't wait to hear the complaints. Those guys NEVER work on customs and will definitely have some "figuring out" to do. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts