M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any information on the meet as of yet? yes its a ways away, but time flies.

·
Registered
800 Posts
inquiring minds want to know... Is It true, I heard RENO? The only good thing there would be a ride to lake Tahoe, other that that not much going on unless it's Hot August nights or Street Vibrations....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is the last i heard, it was being looked into, but havent heard anything since..:dontknow:tahoe would be nice tho

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I vote Denver, Some great riding there. I wonder if they have the road to Pikes Peak paved yet.LOL

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
what is the paving schedule for the hill now

LOL Looks like they paving it, Just found the thread..........

http://www.coloradohillclimb.com/

http://www.projo.com/projocars/content/ca_pikes_peak_06-30-10_R4J1LV5_v5.55aa03.html

Paving will be the norm at future Pikes Peak Hill Climb

01:00 AM EDT on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

By Joe Paisley

The Gazette
The days of dirt roads at the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb will soon be history.
A brighter future lays paved in asphalt, most at this past weekend's event agreed.
Next year's race, the 89th running, will be the last with any dirt stretch over the 12.42-mile course to the 14,115-foot summit of Pikes Peak.
The stretch on top will be paved this summer with the lower section of dirt expected after the 2011 event.
"By 2012 it will be paved," race director Phil Layton said.
The most noticeable change will be the vehicles the fans see.
"It will take a different kind of car to be successful," Layton said. "You'll see more BMWs and Porsches, more sports cars."
Greg Tracy, the 1205 cc motorcycle champion, said he used a factory-built Ducati this year in anticipation.
No need for a tire good on both surfaces is one less headache.
The nation's second-oldest motorsports race has a $500,000 budget that relies on entry fees, Layton said.
He hopes monetary support from companies leery of dirt could become available.
It won't be painless. Quad 500 cc driver Jim Vidmar of Colorado Springs, Colo., says some divisions, including his own, may disappear.
Layton expects the Open Wheel car division to shrink as a result.
The number of entries overall likely will not dwindle.
"I have an F1 so I would love to do it," vintage champ Doug Mockett said. "The records will fall like crazy."
Imaginations ran wild at the thought of smashing the 10-minute barrier.
"We may see 8-minute runs someday," Pikes Peak Open champ Dave Carapetyan said.
"That day can't come soon enough."

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Wish there was a bridge to Maui...the Mrs and I could use soome 109 company!:D I did have the ex-burple up to 145 on the way home yesterday...contrary to popular belief...you CAN open them up here without going in a circle!

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
There are three of us trying to work out a deal on hotels. We are looking in Reno and Vegas. I will pick the best place with the best offers and post it soon. I want it ready by Jan 1 so everyone has it marked on the calendar and can start booking right away.
If we continue to have interest, and the number grow, we can talk about moving the event to other city and states. If it ever makes its way to Colorado, I will make sure it is worth the trip. I can personally guarantee some awesome roads, cheap hotels, great beer, and fun times for all.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Wish there was a bridge to Maui...the Mrs and I could use soome 109 company!:D I did have the ex-burple up to 145 on the way home yesterday...contrary to popular belief...you CAN open them up here without going in a circle!
LMAO, Thats funny........

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
There are three of us trying to work out a deal on hotels. We are looking in Reno and Vegas. I will pick the best place with the best offers and post it soon. I want it ready by Jan 1 so everyone has it marked on the calendar and can start booking right away.
If we continue to have interest, and the number grow, we can talk about moving the event to other city and states. If it ever makes its way to Colorado, I will make sure it is worth the trip. I can personally guarantee some awesome roads, cheap hotels, great beer, and fun times for all.
I thought you would like that idea, I used to live in Littleton. That place is beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I just got back from a business trip to Reno and spent 3 days in South Lake Tahoe and North Lake Tahoe area. There was some awesome roads there to ride the 9 on.

But I am liking the idea of Colorado as well...

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
That's great Chris keep up the good work.

Can we assume the dates though of September 16 to 19?
Location to be decided.

Is it worth starting a thread for that?

I was wondering if trade stalls would be able to be included this time? Something I should have looked more into for the meet.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Reno is about 500 miles farther for me but it is a nice area.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Vegas, Reno, Colorado, makes no difference to me, I will be there!

I may be on a new Ducati Diavel so I am sure I will be shunned by you guys, but I am going to the wedding in Cali so I am going to the meet as well...:D

·
Registered
4,196 Posts

I may be on a new Ducati Diavel so I am sure I will be shunned by you guys, but I am going to the wedding in Cali so I am going to the meet as well...:D
Terri may be on one also. I will not get rid of my 9 for any other bike.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
That's great Chris keep up the good work.

Can we assume the dates though of September 16 to 19?
Location to be decided.

Is it worth starting a thread for that?

I was wondering if trade stalls would be able to be included this time? Something I should have looked more into for the meet.
yes on the date. no need to start a new thead. WTF is trade stalls?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Milwaukee Wi !!!!

Wouldn't it be nice to show them off to the HD guys? Show them what it's like on a bike with a smooth and powerful Vtwin.

We have a great set of roads throughout the state and there's nothing like a ride around the lake.

Road America for a speed day.

Backroads in the Wisconsin Dells.

Fall rides and more colors than ou can count.

JUS SAYIN !!!!!!!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Where in the hell did you do 145 on maui? it sure wasn't on the way to Hana

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

wont be shunned by anyone I know... plus I'd LOVVE a ride :D

1 - 20 of 98 Posts