M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my fi light came on the other day and seem to come on and stay on after about 10/15 min of riding.Seem to run just fine with light on or off.I checked for codes (light was out) and no codes? I never had a light before and I just put my tornado`s on and the light came on???I do not think the tornado`s had any thing to do with it just a coincidents? my fi2000r settings are 2 3 2 and seem to run just fine.any ideas or help would be much appriciated.:dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,143 Posts
The secondary throttle control valve actuator is very near the right side rubber air box inlet. Check and see if it is being touched by anything you may have moved while installing your Tornado's. It's mounted off the right side of the throttle body. And if you've had the air box off, make sure nothing was installed near the throttle bodies that may interfere with the secondary throttle valves opening and closing.

You will have to catch it with the light on and see what the problem actually is. Until then it's just guesswork.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zoom I took everything apart again and checked and rechecked before I reassembled the tornado`s and installing them back on the bike.I did not take out the air boxes when I installed the tornado`s.I just took off the stock air boxes and loosened up the clamps on the air tubes and installed the tornado`s

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shawn, The light was out and the code I got was c00.No codes.I know now that the fI light needs to be on to retrive the code though.I thought when I checked for codes it would show any or all codes in the system past and present.As I stated earlier the bike runs great even when the light is on and no noticable difference in performance.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
The dealer is the only place that can retrieve past codes. Carry the tools needed to access that area, and if it goes off, pull somewhere safe, and check for the code. Riding with the FI on for too long, will put the bike in limp mode. You can call me anytime too, if you need anything bro.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,143 Posts
Got the code today! c46 excva .....any ideas ?
That's an easy one, it's your set valve.

C46: Exhaust control valve actuator (EXCVA)

Look at Hink's FAQ's at the top of the page, and follow the link on how to disable it. Do you have the stock exhaust on it? If you do, you need to unhook the cables before you unhook the actuator and disable the unit. If you have an aftermarket exhaust, just take the actuator off and pull the pin on the ECU that is in the link.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts