1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Don't be surprised about the Harley being declared the winner. H.D probably spends more money on advertising than everyone else combined. Magazines are not going to bite the hand that feeds them. Enjoy your 9, she's a beaut!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just happened to rent a 2011 Streetglide today to go cruising around the beaches here in Florida. My assesment of it is pretty spot on with the review. Smooth, fairly nimble, not enough leg room, too much wind buffeting, weak engine performance, and too much heat radiating from the engine while at stoplights. The hard bag lid design is retarded. Still had a great time putting 150 miles on it. Beautiful pait job. Black with red metal flake. They wanted $19,400. :eek: I might give 12k for it brand new.

I was riding with a guy on an M50 and he could out run me.
My C109 would walk off from it at 1/4 throttle.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a Harley hater

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Harley hater. I'll even post a photo of one. The only problem is, it took $37K to get it like this with 100 hp. That's just too much money for a bike to me. Maybe if I was richer.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Don't be surprised about the Harley being declared the winner. H.D probably spends more money on advertising than everyone else combined. Magazines are not going to bite the hand that feeds them. Enjoy your 9, she's a beaut!
not for long.....the company that has done there advertising for the past 30+ years is leaving them......kinda like there leaving Milwaukee......BS...:verymad:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
not for long.....the company that has done there advertising for the past 30+ years is leaving them......kinda like there leaving Milwaukee......BS...:verymad:
They are not leaving sad but true.:-\

·
Registered
241 Posts
When the HD showboat was the biggest bike on the block it was stable and solid. Now that it is smaller than some other offerings it is nimble and agile...........Me thinks you're not going to win this game.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Harley hater. I'll even post a photo of one. The only problem is, it took $37K to get it like this with 100 hp. That's just too much money for a bike to me. Maybe if I was richer.
37K thats like top line GW

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
last i heard they we leaving there......not anymore...:dontknow:
Last I heard they were leaving...and that was recent:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Nope they voted and they will stay.:doh:
The fact they even had to vote or decide something like that says a lot about them.:-\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts