M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you installed an intercom and communication system on your bike? Which ones are best and where do you hide it?

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks
Morgs

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Me and several friends are going for the Chatterbox X1 .....these seem to be very versatile , durable and mount on the side of your helmet .

Visit : www.chatterboxusa.com and there's plenty of info . the nicety is.... it's battery operated (rechargable) and if you don't want to take it...it takes
seconds to rip it out and off your helmet.

They come in several models # X1 is 5 mile radious 15 channel 38 group / # X2 is 2 mile 14 channel 38 group /# sport is 2 channel 2 mile
they are all compatible so if you have friends with different models it will work fine but , if 1 person has the sport model...you have to be on channel 2 AND
you can't use vox...(voice activated mode)

Visit WWW.ridegear.com www.kneedraggers.com or good ol' Ebay for best pricing ...the X1 lists for 329.00 but a seller has a "buy it now"
for $239.00 + $12 Shipping. and X2 for $205.00 + $12 shippping

Also comes with a 1 yr warranty...it is moisture resistant and has various accessories available.

I'm buying the X1 Weds...in time for the June 4th ride our local bike shop is sponsering...it's a 100 mile ride...should be fun.

There , I did all the homework for you...

Dave 8)

G

·
I have had a chatterbox X1 for several years. Doughboy and I each have one and we used them to communicate while on our sportbikes and had full face helmets on. I now wear a half helmet most time and have no where to mount it. It is also the best way to listen to music while riding. There is an audio input into the chatterbox.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys

Extremely helpfull. I will sus them out :p

Morgs

·
Registered
211 Posts
Any recommendations on the driver to passenger communication? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Latinbid said:
Any recommendations on the driver to passenger communication? :dontknow:
Same units as mentioned above...you'll need to order an extension cord...(couple of feet) and extra headset and your ready to go.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wear an open face helmet and having a big box on the side of my hermet is not for me. Have anyone used one of those cable connected in the pocket systems?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts