M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i bought the integrated tail light with turn signals in it from D2MOTO and im having some problems. The brake light works fine and so does the left turn signal in the light but the right just stays lit amber when its wired up cant figure out what to do. Just wondering if anybody has this item and if you had the same problem and how you fixed it. Thanks in advance for the info and any suggestions on other items that are compatible.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Sounds like you have the running light wire connected to the right signal.

If it comes on, it is working. The flashing is done by the bike.

Check your wiring and let us know if that is your problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wired it according to that schematic but its still not working the right side of the light is always amber not sure what to do

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mine stopped working after a week anyway so I went back to stock.

G

·
Mine stopped working after a week anyway so I went back to stock.
Doesn't seem to matter who's making these things...they're all pieces of crap. They're either invisible in daylight, the lens clouds up after just a couple of months, individual LEDs stop working one after another, or some combo of the three. The worst offenders seem to be Clear Alternatives, but I guess D2MOTO is no better.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Doesn't seem to matter who's making these things...they're all pieces of crap. They're either invisible in daylight, the lens clouds up after just a couple of months, individual LEDs stop working one after another, or some combo of the three. The worst offenders seem to be Clear Alternatives, but I guess D2MOTO is no better.
Well I guess we get what we pay for. The stock is much more expensive and evidently there is a reason for that. Just my opinion.

G

·
Well I guess we get what we pay for. The stock is much more expensive and evidently there is a reason for that. Just my opinion.
I wouldn't go that far...OEM stuff is always expensive, and the price has little to do with the actual value of the item. Zuk charges $50-$60 for a friggin' fuel filter, which is little more than a sock with a little plastic tube on the end. There can't possibly be more than twleve cents worth of material in that thing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've had mine for over a year with no problems. Could it be a timing relay has gone bad? Or maybe you just have the running light hooked up like Rounder said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like the right turn signal is getting supplied power all of the time. I would check wiring on that. You could easily check to make sure the light is not bad by hooking it directly up to the battery. Hook the running light up directly to the battery, and then touch the turn signal lines to the positive and see what happens. If your right signal is staying on when you have only the running wire hooked up, then you have a bad light unit.

*** I cut the legs off of resistors or use small 1" pieces of solder to stick down into the connectors so I can test to a power supply.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I know it sounds stupid but it happened to me also. i accidentally tied it into my license plate light plug. make sure you are using the grey and black plugs. The license plate one is white . I think.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
sounds like you may have it wired to the license plate light.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That might be the problem i was using the grey and white im gonna give it another go and see but hearing all this feedback im not sure if i want to even waste my time on it. I would like top have signals for my ride to sturgis next thursday but i know hands will do the job.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
just finished rewiring it and put it in at least im ready for sturgis ill have to find something better when i get back but for the time being its in and working.
thanks to all especially glaze26 that was exactly the problem

·
Registered
81 Posts
Opinion of D2moto

I bought a Clear Alternatives (100+ $$) integrated tail light for my SV1000 and it was pretty good quality. Doubled up on the LEDs and had a reflector backing. Clear lens is key for daytime visability IMO. Decided to cheap out on my wife's CBR and paid $50 for a D2Moto integrated tail. Of course it only came with a smoke lens and is NOT up to the quality of the Clear Alternatives one. It doesn't fit quite right you can't see it on the Daytime and wiring it up was problematic. My 2 cents

Psy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts