M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's my question...I live in Florida. 4 months out of the year it rains virtually everyday. So it is most likely that I will caught in the rain a few times a year. It's unavoidable as T-Storms can develop in minutes.

I want to add an intake. I've thought about Big Air and others. My fear is what wil rain do to these? And if these aren't a good idea to have in the rain, what WOULD be a good intake mod for Florida weather?

I'm not interested in anything that just looks pretty, I want it to actually have some performance value.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Lamont ran out west through some serious rain with no issues.
I think if you keep them clean and oiled correctly you will be fine while riding.

I have a different open filter setup and I am not fearing the rain

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Lamonster said:
Rains a lot here in East TN too and it's not a problem.
hehe.. Other than the mess it makes of the bike and the detail job required afterwards.. I was astounded at the fact that it takes me longer to wash and wax my itty bitty (comparatively) bike vs my monstrous F150 supercab... WAY more nooks and crannies to be cleaned on the bike. Probably have to wash it before I can ride it again anyway.. Likely collected a lot of dust sitting in the garage for the last 4 weeks 8(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts