M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So... I ordered the Hard Krome Velicity Pro Short Race Pipe from Meancycles and placed an order for the Baron Custom XXX Intakes from WestEnd Motorsports, the only place anywhere where these particular aircleaners weren't out of stock. At least it looked that way until I got an email notification 3 days later stating that they were backordered. My suspicion is that these are no longer available. Anywhere. One of the reasons that I was attempting to purchase these, was because it was one of seemingly very few aftermarket aircleaner options for the 9. I searched posts on the forum for intakes before posting this, but came across old or limited options. Search results for aircleaners specific to the 9 are very minimal. Can anyone help to shed some light on my options? Are there universal fits that you can recommend? My pipes should be here next week and I really hate to have to stare at them in the box until I figure out what I want to do. I am planning on having BCS Performance flash the ECU and am tempted to keep the OEM's. Thanks in advance for suggestions.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
Meancycles has the LA Choppers XXX intakes and they are on sale right now. Plus you can find the spike and bullet intakes from multiple places. Also take a look at the Cobra Powerflo, they are nice.

And you don't need to wait on the intakes to install the exhaust. Without the intake it will be just fine with the exhaust, once you install the exhaust and intakes you must have a fuel tuner.

You can also put a set of K&N replacements in your stock boxes and either run that way or have Duck's custom cut your covers to a design you like.

It's sometimes easier to find things if you look for VZR1800 parts instead of M109R parts too. I usually do both and compare the results.

·
Registered
292 Posts
There's an adapter you can buy that's allows you too mount Harley intake as well.
There's quite a few options depending on how much money you want to spend.
Im running the Q5 intakes. Love the look of them

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's an adapter you can buy that's allows you too mount Harley intake as well.

View attachment 419372
Meancycles has the LA Choppers XXX intakes and they are on sale right now. Plus you can find the spike and bullet intakes from multiple places. Also take a look at the Cobra Powerflo, they are nice.

And you don't need to wait on the intakes to install the exhaust. Without the intake it will be just fine with the exhaust, once you install the exhaust and intakes you must have a fuel tuner.

You can also put a set of K&N replacements in your stock boxes and either run that way or have Duck's custom cut your covers to a design you like.

It's sometimes easier to find things if you look for VZR1800 parts instead of M109R parts too. I usually do both and compare the results.
Thanks! Lots of helpful info there. 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
If KN then this;)

the cover replace 1:1 the chrome cover.
The Filterhouse remains original!

Here a Link from gemany - with more Infomation and picture from Matthias:

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
I have the LA Choppers Big Air xXx filters. I've had two other intakes in the 15 years I've owned the bike. I can tell you flat out, that due to the LARGE size of the LA Choppers filters, they are the best bang-for-the-buck intake out there. All others pale in comparison, especially spikes. I like the way they look too. Old school open filters.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the LA Choppers Big Air xXx filters. I've had two other intakes in the 15 years I've owned the bike. I can tell you flat out, that due to the LARGE size of the LA Choppers filter,s they are the best bang-for-the-buck intake out there. All others pale in comparison, especially spikes. I like the way they look too. Old school open filters.
Thanks. BCS Performance just informed me on the same intake. That the LA Choppers is the same thing as the Barron XXX. I will be purchasing them from Meancycles. Same place I ordered the pipes a few days ago. Wish I would have known then. 😏

·
Registered
2019 M109R
38 Posts

View attachment 419372
How much did it run you to do that whole thing though, with the KN, the Q5's, and the mounting bracket?

Nevermind, found it on meancycles. That's not too bad all things considered...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Guess I picked the wrong time to do the intake mod. Every intake I order is in production and significantly delayed due to difficulty for the manufacturer's to get materials. 😣 I am open to suggestions or recommendations...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got the Cobra Power Flows in a week from Mean Cycles , a month or so ago. I wanted those because they don't stick out so far , I had the giant V&H air filters before , but they push my legs out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the Cobra Power Flows in a week from Mean Cycles , a month or so ago. I wanted those because they don't stick out so far , I had the giant V&H air filters before , but they push my legs out.
It's weird the way that the results pop up on Meancycles. Cobra Power Flows don't show up for the M109R. Even under the dropdown selection of all of its variations. (VZR 1800 etc.)
I appreciate the suggestion. I am considering it. Also checking on the availability of the Forcewinder.

·
Registered
130 Posts
leaner
It's weird the way that the results pop up on Meancycles. Cobra Power Flows don't show up for the M109R. Even under the dropdown selection of all of its variations. (VZR 1800 etc.)
I appreciate the suggestion. I am considering it. Also checking on the availability of the Forcewinder.
While you're considering your options I'd like to point out that despite all of the ridiculous prices on all of the different intakes , some of them simply mount onto the triangle shaped back of the original air cleaner and use the same K&N as the original air cleaner, you can see this in the pictures. The open element filters use the stock back also , as did my V&H set up. The Cobra PF has a billet plenum on the back that replaces the entire stock air cleaner.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Forcewinders are on their way! I spoke with Nick, the owner of Use Force, and also Julio at Mean Cycles. Super helpful and very professional guys! I highly recommend their service. If their product matches their service, I'll be one happy camper. Nick provided some youtube dyno test footage claiming an additional 10 hp to the M109R and 11 ft. lbs. of torque.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok. As my last post states, the Forcewinders are on the way. My concern as I contonue thinking about it... is rain. I spoke with the owner of UseForce who said that the filter elements do not require oil like many ither open air filters. Also that the sock cover is only somewhat water repellent. So... I do remember reading, on this forum, that several guys run the open air and have never had any issues. I don't anticipate riding in the rain, but you know how that goes. Especially when it is parked at work and a shower hits. What are your thoughts? Overly concerned or legit. Hate to throw out 600 bucks and have an issue.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts