M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been selling these for a few years for the VTX. The company that makes them puts the VTX marking into the intake.

I just had them make a set for me that are blank with no logo. I just got them in today.

What do you think of these on the M109?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It would look awesome with the dual intake on this bike. Have you had a chance to look at an adapter to mount them yet?

·
Registered
363 Posts
hey hal will you have these when you go to americade? and what do you mean by not cheap, any idea of the cost ::)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sixshooter said:
hey hal will you have these when you go to americade? and what do you mean by not cheap, any idea of the cost ::)
We are gonna be traveling with the bikes next week and won't be able to put them on.

It wouldn't surprise me if this version of the intake system hits $1,000.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
What do you think of these on the M109?
Wow! Let me know when to send a check and for how much once they become available. :bigthumbsup:
Of course we can't put these on our bikes until a PCIII becomes available as well. Any idea when Dynojet will have one of those available?
Also, what pipes are in the works already? I saw what looked like V&H Straightshots on a bike in our photo gallery. Am I right? Are they available? :evil:

·
Registered
209 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
We are gonna be traveling with the bikes next week and won't be able to put them on.

It wouldn't surprise me if this version of the intake system hits $1,000.
Are you serious? 1K for a entire intake system that uses the stock airbox?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i'd love a pair of those, especially if they have a large circumference (impossible to estimate from just that picture). they'd fit the look i'm going for perfectly. unfortunately, i don't think $1000 could be considered a fair by anyone. i guess they are custom hand carved out of platinum? i'm pretty well off financially, but would refuse to buy them out of general principle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thats what I want too but I guess I dont have the privilege of having a dealers license.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I saw the same thing in a bike mag except the vertical vent lines swirl around from the tip to the base (can't remember were as I get about 8 mags a month). Very cool. I was hoping that since we have 56MM intakes that we would be able to buy just about anything custom that size and that someone would make an simple and cheap extension to the throttle bodies to push it out to the sides of our engine.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I might add that this is the top end of what we are doing price wise and it is still only a guess what the final cost will be. If you bought the same thing for the VTX it is right at $600 for one, we need two. ::)
There will be a much cheaper version of our adaptor and every price range in between. 8)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
phaed said:
i'd love a pair of those, especially if they have a large circumference (impossible to estimate from just that picture). they'd fit the look i'm going for perfectly. unfortunately, i don't think $1000 could be considered a fair by anyone. i guess they are custom hand carved out of platinum? i'm pretty well off financially, but would refuse to buy them out of general principle.
Those bad boys are expensive. I spent $500 for one on my ironhorse and it didn't need and adapter. So Hal is right on with his price. Have you seen the dual intake for the vtx alot more than that without the spears. Be glad this came stock with dual intakes.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I dunno. They are certainly impressive, but a little too "goth" looking for me I think. I'd really have to see these on the bike to make a judgement. Do you have any pics of these bolted on?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wanted said:
I dunno. They are certainly impressive, but a little too "goth" looking for me I think. I'd really have to see these on the bike to make a judgement. Do you have any pics of these bolted on?
Maybe on one of our VTX's but just hang in there till we get it all done.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Lamonster said:
I might add that this is the top end of what we are doing price wise and it is still only a guess what the final cost will be. If you bought the same thing for the VTX it is right at $600 for one, we need two. ::)
There will be a much cheaper version of our adaptor and every price range in between. 8)
Excuse the possibly silly question... But will "other" air cleaners fit onto your adapter? I am not sure of my final look
and would love to able to choose from your several designs...AND some other aftermarket pieces. Is there such a thing as
a "standard" "custom" Like fitting the standard 3-4 shapes of K&N filters so that all covers made for say their round filters or cones would also be usable on yours? I know the "other" companies will eventually offer their own adapter but if I choose a look that you dont make I would like to keep some of the $$ local if you know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts