M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any recommendations for motorcycle insurance? What should the average cost be?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
If you already have statefarm, they will be the best probably. Then will come down to who really wants to cut their rates to insure you. I have dairyland aka sentry. Others swear by people like progressive, etc. Its just who you want to go for. Just make sure when you set the deductibles, its something you can deal with if you need to get something taken care of. Like i have mine set at 1000. It makes it cheaper, and will also make it hurt when you make a mistake. Good luck. Also, if you have the msf under your belt, that will help too.

G

·
My experience with state farm has always been great for sportbikes, not so much for bigger bikes cause at least in TN, they go by CC and not performance... i.e. a very slow ass vulcan 1500 would be more than a cbr600

I have farmers ins and they are treating me right.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I agree, Yes they do! State farm will charge you more for a Gold Wing,or a 109,than a V-Max. All they go by is CC's! Really dumb :(

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have Farmer's Ins. Currently have an '04 Marauder 800-around $275/year. When I upgrade to the 9 it will only be approx. $10 more. Pretty cheap but also have home, Life, multiple car, discounts as well.

G

·
I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico..........no kidding. Saved over $400/year on the M109R and Valkyrie over State Farm whom I'd been with for years.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
you really need to shop this one around since it varies on age, how long you have been riding, what state your in and others. For me in TX, Dairyland Insurance has always been the cheapest.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Candingo said:
I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico..........no kidding. Saved over $400/year on the M109R and Valkyrie over State Farm whom I'd been with for years.
Yeah Geico just recently started insuring bikes, so at least for now they have some pretty good rates. I live in SoCal,(very expensive for insurance), and I am paying $635 a year for full coverage on my 109 with low deductibles. I have an accident on my record also or the premium would've been only $525/yr.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
I have a great rate on my homeowners and auto policies with State farm but they were about the highest on insuring the 109...

I priced Geico, Shelter, State Farm, Sentry, and Progressive and found Progressive to be the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'm on the "Farmer's Insurance" bandwagon.
9, full coverage, low deductible, $225.00/yr
2004 S-10, full coverage, low deductible
1999 Monte Carlo, full coverage, low deductible combined on the last 2 is approx $1,200.00/yr

I suppose that it helps that I have just about every discount that they can give other than being married with kids...
If you've graduated (bach degree+) from college...the discount is even better!

·
Registered
532 Posts
JUtah said:
I have a great rate on my homeowners and auto policies with State farm but they were about the highest on insuring the 109...

I priced Geico, Shelter, State Farm, Sentry, and Progressive and found Progressive to be the cheapest.
That's funny how they vary from state to state. I had Progressive on my last bike, so naturally they were the first ones I went to for a quote. They were over $100/yr more than Geico. So, also naturally, I went with Geico.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts