M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am patiently waiting (just sent them) for my Duck's covers to return. When they do I wanted to put Blue LED's inside.

#1 Should I use pods or a strip of LEDs and sort of circumnavigate the interior mesh opening with the LED's?

#2 Do you think it would look OK if that is the only LEDs I have or should I also do the engine and rear wheel?

Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
For even lighting, I would do a strip.

I think it would look OK with just the cover lit up, but once you get a couple LED's on it you're going to want more. :D

·
Registered
838 Posts
There are times that a little goes a long way. It's your personal choice. Go ahead (when the covers are delivered) and install your LEDs in then. Turn them on, stand back and have a look.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Lights are just something that you need to take your time and play with. I know guys that have over 20 hours in lighting there bikes.

·
Registered
262 Posts
You can fit strips in the covers no problem....most have used strips like mine or singers from customdynamics.

2 24 in each cover will give you plenty of light.

If your interested PM me snd ill shoot you a price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have ducks covers and put blue pods in to match the leds that i had the on whole bike. When I lit it up before installing them on the bike it looked good. After i installed the covers, I could barely see the lights as they blend in with the other lights. If you don't have any other lights on the bike, any leds will look nice inside the covers.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
:agree: when I had white leds on bike went with blue in covers now I have blue on bike and white in covers stands out way more.
notice the white in the covers and swingarm cover

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I used RC connectors as well.
I sprayed the entire inside silver(except filter) to fool myself into thinking I was getting better LED reflection...I think it worked:bigthumbsup:
I used a pice of 3/16th inch hobby foam and formed with a heat gun to the shape of the intake bowl and placed it over(inside) the cutout to give a glow that I wanted so there werent "sparkles" from the LEDs.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Go ahead and use the strips, but be warned you won't stop there. Try Tugboat or go to Autozone and pick up as many strips as you think you will need then grab 2 more packs because you will end up using them also. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts