M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, so I picked up Some stuff that I’m going to use as projects over the winter time to keep me connected to my bike, LOL, just so I don’t start jonsing. I bought the oxford heated grips, the premium cruiser type as well as the ATLAS throttle lock and was wondering which should I install first? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Install the grips first. did you get the over or under Atlas?

Once grips are installed the Atlas fits on easily.

I had to get a new throttle tube when I did mine. Also when taking of and putting back on throttle cables it's easier if you loosen them down below on the left side

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Install the grips first. did you get the over or under Atlas?

Once grips are installed the Atlas fits on easily.

I had to get a new throttle tube when I did mine. Also when taking of and putting back on throttle cables it's easier if you loosen them down below on the left side
After speaking to Josh from Atlas I decided to go with the bottom end ones. This way I can place my heated grips with the cable on the top because I find it's easier for me to use my thumb to click on and off the throttle lock as opposed to changing or attempting to change my hand position with the top ones at high speed.

As for the throttle housing should I move that over a bit and install the throttle lock and then move them back where they are snug against it? Is that what you're saying?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
After speaking to Josh from Atlas I decided to go with the bottom end ones. This way I can place my heated grips with the cable on the top because I find it's easier for me to use my thumb to click on and off the throttle lock as opposed to changing or attempting to change my hand position with the top ones at high speed.

As for the throttle housing should I move that over a bit and install the throttle lock and then move them back where they are snug against it? Is that what you're saying?
the throttle lock fits around the throttle tube between the flange of the grip and the housing

I would have gone with the bottom as well but when I got mine they recommended top mount. Now that I've got the Avon grips the wire goes through the bars and I don't have that big rubber piece at the bottom of the grip

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

the throttle lock fits around the throttle tube between the flange of the grip and the housing

I would have gone with the bottom as well but when I got mine they recommended top mount. Now that I've got the Avon grips the wire goes through the bars and I don't have that big rubber piece at the bottom of the grip
Thanks for the info, I'm going to instal the throttle lock first in place and them put the grips on.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If your throttle lock is anything like the breakaway I have the grip will need to in place before the throttle lock can be installed.

BCS
That's what Josh from Atlas recommended as well. Makes sense. Then I just slip the heated grip on and tuck it up against the Atlas wall.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
That's what Josh from Atlas recommended as well. Makes sense. Then I just slip the heated grip on and tuck it up against the Atlas wall.
The Oxford grips will give you same gap that your stock ones have between them and switch assembly. The Atlas fits between the Oxford grip and switch assembly. Then you hook the mounting piece on and screw it in. I used the smallest rubber nubbin and works perfect

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
The Oxford grips will give you same gap that your stock ones have between them and switch assembly. The Atlas fits between the Oxford grip and switch assembly. Then you hook the mounting piece on and screw it in. I used the smallest rubber nubbin and works perfect

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am thinking of getting an Atlas throttle lock. Is there any clearance issue with the gas tank with the bottom kit?

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,577 Posts
I am thinking of getting an Atlas throttle lock. Is there any clearance issue with the gas tank with the bottom kit?
Not much ifo on this lock on this board ezcept what you found...
Maybe this will help...:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts