M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light was very easy to install. 30 minutes with kids all over me. Here is some pics for those who wanted to see the light installed.

Installed light

Running light on

tried to catch turn signal

·
Registered
211 Posts
So the taillight is also a turn signal? if yes, is the wiring hard, because me and wire are like hot grease and water.
It is just a direct plug-in or did you need to slice some wires?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It has all the lights integrated into the one light. I will be removing the old turn signals and plate holder tommorow. The wiring is very easy. I had to tap the positive wire for each turn signal. You would have no problem with this install.

·
Registered
211 Posts
BigShow,

where did you get it from and how much?

I love the way it looks and the intgrated turn signals are a huge plus.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
You know, for a guy who just got his bike recently (correct me if I'm wrong) you have just managed the coolest mod ever seen !!! :bigthumbsup: :hot: :beer3: :clap2: :a18: :2cool: :yourock: :bad2thebone:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I like it But is it Legal??? I read somewhere that the Turn signals had to be a certain distance apart :eek: I don't know I'm just asking ;)

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
better check your state laws. here in tx you still do not even have to have turn signals so it would not matter. :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
silentrider said:
I like it But is it Legal??? I read somewhere that the Turn signals had to be a certain distance apart :eek: I don't know I'm just asking ;)
LOL man lets hope not, I use my hands to turn :bigthumbsup: dang most of the time I forget I have turn signals I use my hands then stare the car down just to make sure we understand eachother.... I'm faster, I'm mean, and if you so much as increase your speed 1mph to try and stop me from getting in front of you I might make your life hell until I get board :evil:

But in all reality if there is a rule then I don't think its strictly enforced.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was told that in tennessee if you have a custom bike such as a chopper and it dont have signal that is ok, but a production bike that came with turn signals had to have them on. I will have to check if there is a law on how far apart they have to be. Either way its not coming off my bike.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Turn signals are not required in TN. I think I'm gonna order this and clean up the rear end while I'm at it

·
Registered
638 Posts
Very cool. but it isnt a dark dark smoke. its a nice..... its great success! (borat) ill be getting one for my 07 whiteboy :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
If I 'm not mistaken In Most States Turn signals are not required on a motorcycle. However hand signals are reqired if not equiped with signals

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I wouldn't take it off either,but i noticed your Factory turns were not on when you tried to catch the tail light blinking!but they were still on the bike!

I was thinking it would be good to have both! but then again i don't know if any amount of light will keep the idiots from running over you!

Tonight leaven the Chevy Dealer i had a Dumb Arse woman in a car Hit me in the Exhaust pipe while i was waiting for the cars on the main road to go by :verymad: It scarred me more than anything cause i thought i was alone But this woman came from behind i never seen her then BAAMMM I said what the H :edit: I shut the bike off put down the side stand and walked back to her and said that has to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen ask her what the H :edit: was wrong with her couldn't you see that damned Bike in front of you about that time I had three sales people between me and this Idiot! I told them she better be Glad shes a woman cause i was Ready to stomp a mud hole in her  :edit: and walk it dry Damn that was stupid!!! it only put a couple small scratches on the tip off the pipe,I'd have to show you for you to see it THANK GOD!!! If i hadn't been standing with my legs at a 45 Degree angle to hold the bike up hill she would have rolled me over Like a dead turtle!My lucky night I guess :confused: Later Silentrider

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I unplugged them. I am waiting on a side mount license plate and I am going to remove all of that below the fender. I cant believe the dumb a :edit: hit you. Glad you and the bike suffered no major injuries.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Very Funny  :D Thats the first thing I looked at when I put the Side stand down Cause the bike was half way in the road and the tail end was slightly up hill coming out of the dealers parking lot,I shut it off in first gear and made sure the stand was Fully extended  :bigthumbsup: Thanks in part to our Fall-in Bike Post  :D :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts