M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I instlled the Road Burner Velocity Pro Last night. Not a bad install I left the S.E.T valve off and I will just pull the plug on the ECU to turn the FI light off. Nice throaty sound, I am curious what it would sound like without the baffle. But I think it would be ear ringing loud. The only complaint I have is the hesitation between 2500-3500 RPM at steady throttle is much more noticeable now. Any suggestion? I have a PC V I am just waiting on my ne air cleaners before I put it on.

PICS AND A VIDEO TO FOLLOW

·
Registered
66 Posts
I installed the same pipe and had the same problem as you describe. I called it a lean surge. Anyway I put on a Cobra FI controller and problem went away. Many people say with only an exhaust mod you dont need a fuel controler but I did develope a noticible surge after the exhaust change and it went away withe the FI control. I bet yours does too.

Jerry.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I instlled the Road Burner Velocity Pro Last night. Not a bad install I left the S.E.T valve off and I will just pull the plug on the ECU to turn the FI light off. Nice throaty sound, I am curious what it would sound like without the baffle. But I think it would be ear ringing loud. The only complaint I have is the hesitation between 2500-3500 RPM at steady throttle is much more noticeable now. Any suggestion? I have a PC V I am just waiting on my ne air cleaners before I put it on.

I have the same pipes with PCIII and HyperCharger I had the same problems until I had it dyno'ed and a new map, runs great now!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Baffle

Is anyone using an additional baffle like the link below?

http://stores.smartpartz.com/Categories.bok

I had velocity pros installed yesterday and they look awesome! But man are they loud. Way louder than the YouTube video!! At idle and cruise they're great but acceleration is down right painful.

I have Tornado Air, PowerCommander 5 (PCV) with autotune, and GPD with TRE (same as a JSD). It runs pretty smooth and is
noticeably more powerful.

BigMatt, do you have a JSD or TRE of any sort? That's what helped me fix the hesitation. If you can't find a JSD, Trackdayelectronics.com has TREs or TREs with the GPD.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts