M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had new k&n's installed some time ago at my first service. Dealer told me the intake tubes were no longer needed. Now I'm thinking, was this correct? Tried using "search" but found no answer. Bike runs fine but does pop and fart a bit. Feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
you must have a newer bike.

i wouldnt worry about them because the 06s did even have them. not mine anyway.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
see what happens when all you do is make dirty comments? even the ones that shouldn't sound dirty still do:'(

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Had new k&n's installed some time ago at my first service. Dealer told me the intake tubes were no longer needed. Now I'm thinking, was this correct? Tried using "search" but found no answer. Bike runs fine but does pop and fart a bit. Feedback appreciated.
Are you talking the small tube that attaches to the back of the stock air intake? If so, where does the directions say not to re-attach? My directions say to just re-assemble once the K&Ns are installed. What is this tube for? What if you leave it connected?

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
I am curious as well. There are 2 tubes that run off the intake/filter housing. The large tube that attaches with 2 clamps that run from the top of the the air/filter housing to the main air box and then the other "smaller" hose about 3/8" I believe, that goes from the air filter housing to the main air box. I have both hooked up right now and was wondering which one(s) should or should not be installed? I am assuming the post and what Hink was refering to is the smaller hose should be removed, correct?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I just tossed mine in a box. You don't need them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts