M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the local bike shop here to purchase those Kury. Flame ISO grips to put on my 9...goes with the flame stemmed Ness mirrors I have...

I am taking the bike on a 400 mile round trip this weekend and I would like to enjoy these before I leave...

Well, I am very mechanically inclined and do not have a lot of time today sooooooooo I was going to have the in house mechanic put them on for me so I could be on my way...

He comes back and says that it would be like $200.00 to put the grips on (jaw drops)...I said why and he says that Suzuki's have a ribbed bar and it is difficult getting them on...he stated that the regular iso grips will go on but not the flamed ones...I told him that there is not any difference...he says it will take him at least 2 hours to get them on...bump that...

I bought the grips, went back home and had them installed in 25 minutes...very very easy...I guess either he is an idiot or he just did not want to do the grips today

either way I love em and will let ya'll know how they do after I get back....

thanks for everything and keep up the great board

Steve

·
Registered
572 Posts
What stealer did you go to? Please do us all a favor and let us know, so we can avoid that guy like the plague...

Sheez....

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigBen said:
What stealer did you go to? Please do us all a favor and let us know, so we can avoid that guy like the plague...

Sheez....
Dealer titled: Kay's

in Nolanville, Tx

BTW...vibrations are gone!!! very very nice grips and look sexy 2

·
Registered
254 Posts
It seems one of the differences between HD and others are the dealerships. I guess a little more profit buys better infrastructure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts