M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GPS is a great tool for exploring new areas that you not familiar with. The reroute function works great if you want to try a different way to a heading, the unit will redirect and if you cant get there from here it with tell you to U-turn. I made the bracket from a clip mount for hanging boat oars that I found at Cabelas, Padded it with some double sided tape and added a 1/8 x 1" aluminum bar stock to the bottom so you could ajust how far it rotated down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The clip holds it very firm for traveling down the road and with a firm tug it pops off to stow away when you park.  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
very nice position. that'd be a nice gadget to have.

·
Registered
817 Posts
This is how I did my Garmin 2610. I posted some pics a couple of months ago. RAM Mount with base mounted to mirror bolt.

I believe both of these units (2610 and StreetPilot III) have been discontinued by Garmin. Both are nice, but if I were buying today I'd definitely go with the TomTom Rider system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the GPS mount you asked about hitting the tank , The 1"x1/8 bar keeps it from rotating down . The bar rests back under the tac mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts