M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing the FI2000R and once I connected the battery the fuel pump comes on (without the key in) and starts pumping gas out of the left side breather hose.

I am getting NO lights on the 2000.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
New unit or used? If you unhook it, is everything back to normal?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
this may sound like a insult ,[Sorry] ,:redfaced:

Did you plug the fuel line back up? Oh and , check the Pins in the fuel pump connector ,they pull out occasionally

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
im not gonna point fingers, but somebody on here should not be working on their own cycle.:-\

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
im not gonna point fingers, but somebody on here should not be working on their own cycle.:-\
There are likely many that should not be working on their own bikes, so what? This is how you learn.

I think you need to recheck all of the wiring and check the fuses. If you put hot to ground it is very likely to have blown a fuse.

·
Registered
310 Posts
There are likely many that should not be working on their own bikes, so what? This is how you learn.

I think you need to recheck all of the wiring and check the fuses. If you put hot to ground it is very likely to have blown a fuse.
:agree:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Checked your posts, half are just hating and the other half are "can I adjust all three DIALS at the same time" on an FI2000R? Next time I want to see stupid I will check you out. Till then, let someone who knows ANYTHING about bikes to give me a hand.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Starter is giving it a try but it doesn't sound like I am getting any fire. With the raw fuel dump I suspect I have fouled the plugs, I will pull them tomorrow and check it out.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Maybe cylinders are full of fuel

I have three lights on the cobra, then they turn off. Turn the key and the starter tries to turn over but acts as if it is running into a wall. That is why I thought it wasn't doing anything.
You may have cylinders that got full of fuel when you hooked it up wrong. From what you describe it sounds like you have a hydraulic lock.

You might need to pull the spark plugs to release it. Or, if you let it sit long enough it might drain out past the rings and into the oil.

Tracy

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I have three lights on the cobra, then they turn off. Turn the key and the starter tries to turn over but acts as if it is running into a wall. That is why I thought it wasn't doing anything.
When you turn the ignition key on, all 3 of the lights on the 2000 should come on, then 2 of the lights should go out while the green one stays on. If it's not doing this this, there may be a 2000 problem.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
You may have cylinders that got full of fuel when you hooked it up wrong. From what you describe it sounds like you have a hydraulic lock.

You might need to pull the spark plugs to release it. Or, if you let it sit long enough it might drain out past the rings and into the oil.

Tracy
I was thinking the same thing when he said that it was coming out of the left air box. But maybe he did not have his fuel line hooked up?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Tracy
Pulled a couple of plugs and spit gas all over the place. Bike is running and loud.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Cobra

Had the same thing happen to me when I trusted a HD owner to install a simple battery to move my bike to my new house while I am deployed to Afgh. Well he messed it up and and did the ground to hot and the same thing happened. Fuel started pouring everywhere. Ended up had to get it towed to dealership for them to tell me the guy hooked up cobra to battery wrong. 250 later it is finally back at my house waiting on me to show up from Afgh to ride the hell out of her.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts