M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
using the Edelbrock filter......it's 39 degrees out but I managed a small ride and it feels so much better....of course the cool weather probably helped a little.

I know they are crappy pics...I'll get it outside tomorrow

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Looks good. Until you can get outside to take better pics, these should do. I lightened your's up a bit to show the detail. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn medic....all I had to do was turn a light on huh??!!Thanks,looks much better.Here are some from today.

I have Edelbrock on the right side and Holley on the left,the Edelbrock was much easier to work with so I'll be replacing the Holley next week when the Edelbrock comes in.I know it's not a new set up,but it's new to me....and it really feels good!!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I think Chuck and Chuck's Son did this mod. I may read more about it in a bit, but I'm curious... what filter do you have in there? Is it a foam filter? If so, how does that breathe compared to stock? How hard is it to mount that thing to the stock airbox?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
medic,it is just the foam filter from the Edelbrock Pro-Flo air filter.I took the chrome off of the factory air box,and installed the foam and metal cover from the Edelbrock over the top of the mounting plate.I ran a couple screws into the grate to hold it in place,then bolted the factory air box mount back in place.It took about 20 minutes on this first side,with the Edelbrock,the Holley side took longer and doesn't fit as well....I will get another Edelbrock.I got the Edelbrock from Checkers Auto and the Holley from Advance Auto.
I went riding today....and it pulls like a MO-FO!!The intake sounds much more aggressive,like an old four barrel kicking in,the sucking sound.It cost a total of $46 for both air filters.Someday,I'd like to have a Big Air kit,but this will work for now.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Looks purdy cool..Good job :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just did this mod to mine about a month ago..i used the holley filters and it came out great. Spent a total of about 50 dollars for 2 filters and a bottle of clear sylicone glue.

Took me about 2 hours to perform all the mods to the Holley filter back plate and install.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cbx'r,yeah,they do....you'll need to get something to cover up the hole from the factory intake(about 2 1/2 inches around).I ran some drywall screws thru the grating material(hhhmmm,a drywaller using drywall screws!!)to hold it.They don't even rattle or anything.I highly recommend the Edelbrock.It was much easier to work with.

·
Registered
532 Posts
tworangerted said:
you'll need to get something to cover up the hole from the factory intake(about 2 1/2 inches around).
Rubber end caps for 2" ABS pipe at Home Depot and hose clamps, they work perfect

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
eire,that should do it.

cbx'r,my Ranger that I have for sell is an 03 4.0 FX-4.I used to be big into Rangers,had 5 at 1 time...my 2 faves were a 96 Splash 4.0 and an 88 Ranger GT.Do you check out rangerpowersports.com?
As far as the air filters,it took about an hour toal to do it.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I got mine at O'Reillys $21.99ea. They are Edelbrock and the paper in the box says the filters are K&N high quality foam. Dont have them mounted yet too busy riding. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
239 Posts
tworangerted .... this is the best looking setup ive seen.would you be so kind to explain once again ,with more detail, your proceedure.maybe if I had the pieces in front of me it would become more clear to me.Im off today to find two edelbrock units so if you can repeat your proccedure ill check this forum again as soon as i return.many thanks upfront and your bike looks great!!!!.I have an 07 red with which the red edelbrock nameplate will look sweet with.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Yeah, my wife told me mine were ugly when I mounted them too. I just told her that sometimes you have to sacrafice looks for performance. She just shook her head and walked away.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.