M109 Rider Forums banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,717 Posts
I din't have to much of the hard time removing the connectors from the injectors, however I'm having a hard Time putting the connectors from the PowrPro on the injectors.
I haven't try the right side yet, which I'm assuming it is going to be harder, but I already spent quite sometime on the left one and I can't make the connector to go down enough for the connector to lock into the injector.
I tried using a nose pliers and I had the tap all the squeeze in, but somehow the connector is not going down enough for the tab to engage with the body of the connector at the injector. Any Ideas?
I will try again tonight when I get back from work.
Don't squeeze the locking tab in while you're trying to install the connector, just shove it on until it catches. I think what you're saying is you're squeezing the tab in as well?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Don't squeeze the locking tab in while you're trying to install the connector, just shove it on until it catches. I think what you're saying is you're squeezing the tab in as well?
Thanks Zoon, I'm pretty sure I did that first, that is why I was pressing the tab, I will give it try again today.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just a piece of advice, using a light to see what you are doing is highly recommended, LOL
Once I light up the area pretty good, I could see that there was a little bit of play at the base of the connector and it was moved a little bit towards the right, so the actual connector from the PowrPro was hitting a piece of metal behind the base that was preventing the connector from going all the way in. Once that was figured, putting the one on the right side was a piece of cake.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,717 Posts
I thought maybe that was happening if you were trying to depress the locking clip at the same time. It would tend to shove it sideways and not let it connect. Glad you got it on. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Shout out

Just wanted to say thanks to Lamonster for the great instructions and photos. These definitely helped vs. the text instructions that came with the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro. The bike rides so different now, new intakes and the Cobra, wow, love it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm installing this today. This thread says "with pictures" Am I doing something wrong? I don't see any pics on here. Basically, I just want to make sure I'm plugging the right ends into the correct injector plugs. I have a Burple 2006. Gutted exhaust, stock air filters. I have the spike filters and had them on the bike for about 2 days, but I hated them not being even on the bike. I know some guys didn't care and said they couldnt notice it unless they stood in the front or some B.S. like that. I could understand if it was just a little bit different from side to side, but that wasnt the case, at least not with the set I have. One spike was about an inch and a half past the front of the radiator, and the other was like 3-4 inches behind the radiator. Anyway, I'm gonna use some of the parts from the spike kit for custom intake. Or I'm gonna attempt something like the tonymod or similar. If someone has the pics for the FI2000R install and could point me to them that would be great. I'm sure Ill manage without, but pics always help. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got it installed. Had a heck of a time with the right side. Unplugging the right injector wasnt too hard, but trying to plug the Fi2000 plug on there wouldnt go and was making me crazy! Then I read where the base can swivel and that was the ticket!! That little piece of info was golden and I'm sure will help hundreds of others that are experiencing the same struggle. One question I do have. The male connectors from the unit that now plug into the female stock plugs, do they click when plugged in? Mine dont seem to click, but feel like they are plugged in fine. And the bike runs great, unit lights all working correct. Maybe I just didn't man handle em enough. I generally dont like having to push or pull so hard on electrical stuff. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks. I got these with the kit, just seemed vague compared to some of the instructions they sent out for that "Other Brand Bike". I think I got it installed right. Seems to be running fine. Haven't had a chance to really ride it due to weather here. Supposed to maybe get a little decent weather tomorrow and I can test ride it then. Thanks for all the help!

61 - 70 of 70 Posts