M109 Rider Forums banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Pics were very helpful. Little bit of a *itch to get to the right side plug with big hands-actually made me break a sweat in a cold garage :verymad: But got her done :bigthumbsup:
A pair of long needle nose pliers makes that real easy

sent from my galaxy S3 from somewhere outside space

·
Registered
805 Posts
A pair of long needle nose pliers makes that real easy

This sure made the clips easier.

Where did all you guys end up mounting the unit it self? I've just got it in the spare tool space by the battery. Not sure if that's the best spot.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
This sure made the clips easier.

Where did all you guys end up mounting the unit it self? I've just got it in the spare tool space by the battery. Not sure if that's the best spot.
That will work. Mine just sits on the battery.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
After the fuel injection cables are hooked up...don't you have to hook up some cables to the oxygen sensors too? Of you do not need to do it for the M109?

Thanks!
No o2 in the us unless cali has them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just did this installation this past weekend along with the Tornado Air Intakes. That right side was a lil tight, but I got it worked out.

I made a PDF of these instructions to take with me to the garage because I didn't want to take the laptop out there. All worked out.

On to the next mod now!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Are there any other manufactures as they only seem to support up to 2011 models?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Print version http://www.m109riders.com/howto/fi2000r/

Unplug the right side fuel injector connector and plug in the longer lead off of your FI2000. Plug the stock connector into the black connector on your FI2000. Tuck that out of the way and do the same thing on the left side with the shorter lead. 8)
Greetings Lamonster. I also want to thank you for this presentation. It has been very helpful to many of us. I had a question however. I got this far with your help, but was not certain how to remove the injector caps. One started to break. Is there some help you could give me?

Thanks,
Art

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Greetings Lamonster. I also want to thank you for this presentation. It has been very helpful to many of us. I had a question however. I got this far with your help, but was not certain how to remove the injector caps. One started to break. Is there some help you could give me?

Thanks,
Art
He's no longer here. They have a metal clip you have to squeeze/depress to remove from the injector

·
Registered
2,909 Posts

Thanks,
Art
I also battled to remove one of the injectors, I believe it was the one on the right. After hours and just when I had given up for the evening, my wife came down and disconnected it like nothing. I have never been so pissed and happy at the same time:D.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hate that

I also battled to remove one of the injectors, I believe it was the one on the right. After hours and just when I had given up for the evening, my wife came down and disconnected it like nothing. I have never been so pissed and happy at the same time:D.
Just when you want her to see you as the Master Mechanic for which nothing is impossible. I know that one. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Well, a little tip for people who.struggles or have big hands trying to disconnect the injectors, get a.long nose pliers and bend one of the tip. The bent tip will make it easy to pinch the tab off the clip and just wiggle it up to disconnect.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
That's what I use, though they are actually fish hook removers and not real needle nose pliers. Same thing but the tip part is longer so they spread apart more. I've not needed to bend the tips to get them to work. The longer pair I have I picked up from Harbor Freight for a couple bucks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I agree that that was the hardest part of the mod ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
First time uploading some pics to a post. For me it shows up small, hopefully it loads big enough to see what I'm trying to point to. Figured I'd take some shots to add to what's already here for the non mechanics (such as myself) who took hours to get this done.
I saw somewhere someone asking about the air hose, where it is, etc...
When you remove your nice chrome cover which is held in place by two hex screws you will find the smaller hose and the bigger hose. the smaller one comes off easy by squeezing the clamp. The bigger hose came off easily for me on the left side by removing it from the top. There's a screw clamp that you loosen with a phillips then u can just pull it off. On the right side where I took this picture, I couldn't get it off, ended up stripping the screw. (side note, what's the part # and place where I can buy another). Anyway, I couldn't get my stripped screw removal tool in there, so i ended up using a flat head to slide it off. Once it was off, I was able to see and get to the 'injector' I put in quotes as I was expecting to see something fancy and not just another hard to remove clip.
Automotive tire Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

I always feel like I'm going to break something or sadly strip a screw that won't come off. I threw this gas tank pic in here, bc I had a hard time getting off the gas line hose and I wanted to point out that when squeezing it, it does not come off with the hose. I did have a little bit of spillage. Mmmm...gas.
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior

That blue clip part connects to the hose (the one with the swirl). I didn't notice this hose in the pics posted. For me the brown plug didn't come off easy. I also found it easier to remove the speedometer piece as it was only one quick hex screw and left it hanging.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

I also took off my right fairing and partially took off my left fairing. After removing one hex screw, it popped right off. Probably not necessary, but even took off my back seat cover. Happily I didn't break anythign in the process.
I'm going to add a pic later of the right side injector from a distance as when I removed the hose, I wasn't 100% sure which to unplug. So hope to clear any possible confusion with another pic. Will post when my phone charges.

·
Registered
5 Posts
fi2000 settings

Hello all names nick im new to the group i currently have a fi2000 installed in my 9 she had cobra swept exhaust but today i just bolted on the sideburner exhaust and added the spiked air cleaners ive been searching high and low to find the correct settings please if anyone can guide me to the water so i can drink lol

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
Hello all names nick im new to the group i currently have a fi2000 installed in my 9 she had cobra swept exhaust but today i just bolted on the sideburner exhaust and added the spiked air cleaners ive been searching high and low to find the correct settings please if anyone can guide me to the water so i can drink lol
Here ya go.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118161

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
739 Posts
I din't have to much of the hard time removing the connectors from the injectors, however I'm having a hard Time putting the connectors from the PowrPro on the injectors.
I haven't try the right side yet, which I'm assuming it is going to be harder, but I already spent quite sometime on the left one and I can't make the connector to go down enough for the connector to lock into the injector.
I tried using a nose pliers and I had the tap all the squeeze in, but somehow the connector is not going down enough for the tab to engage with the body of the connector at the injector. Any Ideas?
I will try again tonight when I get back from work.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts