M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
That is EXACTLY how I do all of the ones I do. Spring loaded 12" needle nose and it is usually a piece of cake. I did Mary's, start to finish in 10 minutes. Some have taken me about 1/2 hour. The last one, I helped (Big-B) do his. The plug part on the bike was turned and we couldn't tell. Instead of risking damaging it, we pulled the air box and that is when he noticed it was just turned. We were like :doh:
Exactly,,,,,,,,,, I saw it turned and stopped and got my fat finger in there to feel around and when I hit it it moved, Didn't know they turned around on their mount.......:clap2:

PS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You had to help the resident mechanic???????????? LMAO

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Exactly,,,,,,,,,, I saw it turned and stopped and got my fat finger in there to feel around and when I hit it it moved, Didn't know they turned around on their mount.......:clap2:

PS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You had to help the resident mechanic???????????? LMAO
LOL, he had a rack of mods to do all at once. Since he hadn't really worked on a 9, it was easier to show him some of the tricks. Especially when it came to grinding rotors and prepping the chrome rims to go on.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Finish today installing mine. Kudos and:congrats: to members on this forum who had done this without removing the airbox and intake boots. Very hard to get to those pins without removing them. Everything seems to be working fine. Won't be able to test ride until i get my wheels back from getting chrome. Thanx to Lamonster for such a detailed instructions and pic.:a18:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT...

This Tread and all it's posts, i'd say is the prime example why this forum ROCKS. There are many people here, that truly care to help other 9ers. And will go out of there way to make sure, we all understand how to get done, whats needed! :beer3: PEACE!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I was wrong by putting the ground wire FI2000R it and put it in
the positive of the battery, the question is that when the plug flow
gas began to exit without stopping, after that put the cable in FI2000R
the negative of the battery and not the bike will not start, that could be?

·
Registered
66 Posts
just installed

Hi, I was wrong by putting the ground wire FI2000R it and put it in
the positive of the battery, the question is that when the plug flow
gas began to exit without stopping, after that put the cable in FI2000R
the negative of the battery and not the bike will not start, that could be?
we get only a red light , when key is switch on flashs then stops no green lights what have i done wrong ????

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,717 Posts
we get only a red light , when key is switch on flashs then stops no green lights what have i done wrong ????
Make sure you have the connectors on the injectors tight, they need to click.

Things that need to happen for the FI2000 to work:
Ground wire must be grounded.
Connector must be connected to the FI2000 unit connector, long wire to the right (front cylinder), short wire to the left (rear cylinder)
Fuel injector connectors must be attached fully. The front one is the hardest to get on since it's hidden, so check it closely.

·
Registered
66 Posts
just installed

Make sure you have the connectors on the injectors tight, they need to click.

Things that need to happen for the FI2000 to work:
Ground wire must be grounded.
Connector must be connected to the FI2000 unit connector, long wire to the right (front cylinder), short wire to the left (rear cylinder)
Fuel injector connectors must be attached fully. The front one is the hardest to get on since it's hidden, so check it closely.
so what colour is the light? ,green or red they all clicked in tight

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,717 Posts
so what colour is the light? ,green or red they all clicked in tight
The instructions that come with them tell what lights light up, but in case you don't have them:

Turn the switch on, side stand up, bike in neutral, clutch pulled in, kill switch set to run. Must be in same condition as you would start the bike. When you turn the switch on without starting it, all 3 lights should flash then go out.

Start the bike. Only the green light should be lit. The others will flicker a little if you rev it, but I would go by just the green light being on with it running.

This is for the FI2000 or FI2000R, if you have the PowerPro, I think it only has an external red light but I'm not sure.

You can download the instructions here: http://www.fi2000r.com/html/detail_...02&model=Fi2000R&product_type=3&manufacture=4

·
Registered
310 Posts
Just installed mine (I bought it used). I couldnt get it to work so I dismantled the bike again and checked all the connections and it still wouldn't work. At this point I wiggled and pushed the wires going into the processor and it began to work fine.

Thanks lamonster for the great post, it really helped me out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fantastic thread this one :D My power-pro arrived this morning and i was a little apprehensive about fitting it myself, but the how to pics were fantastic, made it really simple. only took about 15 mins from start to finish.

Cheers guys much appreciated

Ray

·
Registered
66 Posts
powerpro auto tuner

Hi all quick question with the Powerpro Auto tuner Fi2000 , we have being away on vacaction disconnected battery on bike .
Do i need we reset the powerpro ( redlinning in gears again) or just connect and ride ??

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Hi all quick question with the Powerpro Auto tuner Fi2000 , we have being away on vacaction disconnected battery on bike .
Do i need we reset the powerpro ( redlinning in gears again) or just connect and ride ??
Well, considering that it doesn't have a memory I would say yes, not only when is been sitting for a while but on every start up. However, I don't think that redlining is necessary as it is supposed to auto adjust 80 times per second while under acceleration.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks to Lamonster for this thread. Much better than the instructions that come with the fi2000r! Would have struggled without your pics! Cheers!

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Hey, you used a search !! lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hey, you used a search !! lol
Had to use google to find it though...
Maybe should have posted another fi2000r thread haha
:doorag:

21 - 40 of 70 Posts