M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sold my bike to a buddy of mine.:-[ Had to let it go, new baby, business, etc. He took it up to Cycle World and they told him that it won't pass inspection because it is debeavered and I have the Raw design stealth front and rear LED turn signals. Does this sound right? Does anyone know where he can take it to be inspected without having to changes these? Especially since I gave the front lollipops to another member on here and the rear fender thing is long gone in the trash. Thanks. If anyone has as answer please call me.
Vance 410-591-2929 cell

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have taken both of my bikes to the Shell gas station in Bowie off 3Nrth. On both occasions the inspector rode my bike. I told other riders this and they couldn't believe it, they were like (what if dude crashed your bike!). Another friend of mine said he takes his to a place in Clinton and they don't even start it up. Hmmmmmmm!

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I have taken both of my bikes to the Shell gas station in Bowie off 3Nrth. On both occasions the inspector rode my bike. I told other riders this and they couldn't believe it, they were like (what if dude crashed your bike!). Another friend of mine said he takes his to a place in Clinton and they don't even start it up. Hmmmmmmm!
I'm pretty sure that they legally have to drive it for one mile. To confirm that the odometer is working.

·
Registered
85 Posts
New Jersey

Lucky for us here in Jersey, as of a couple months ago...we are no longer required to have our bikes inspected :clap2:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I'm sad to say I sold my beauty. Good news is, it was to a friend. Thanks Ryan for calling me. All my friend Bill did was take it to another place and they passed it. I looked it up online and according to MD transportation law 22-206, motorcycles are not required to have turn signal lamps. Maybe the first place was trying to get him to buy parts and labor from them. Maybe not, I don't know. I'll check in here and there to see how you guys are doing. I'm sure my buddy Bill will be on here.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they legally have to drive it for one mile. To confirm that the odometer is working.
You are correct sir! But also to check the brakes, steering and suspension.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts